Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Long story short there's this girl on my Uni course who for various reasons I find my self drawn to. However, I find it really hard to talk to her during Uni as I really don't know her that well, as she's mostly just someone I've had the odd conversation with, we have talked outside Uni a couple of times during nights out with our mutual Uni friends, but it takes me a while to get comfortable around someone.

Anyway, it's third year now and finally the people I talk to on my course are now planning nights out (even if most of the time most can't make it) but as she lives at home it's difficult for her to join us most of the time. So far this has meant that I haven't been able to talk to her anywhere near as much as I would like. She usually is in conversation with people on the course in Uni, whom I don't know so I find it difficult to go over and talk. Most of our Uni conversations mainly stay on the topic of Uni.

Now what I'm really asking is, is there anyway of getting to know her better, without making my interest obvious, what I mean is I want to come across as if it's purely an interest in friendship, as I would ideally like to get to know her more first. Furthermore, I'm thinking that maybe even if I don't get to know her that much by the end of the year, I will ask her if she would like to meet up someone, but I will only ask her this in any circumstance at the end of the year, because that way if she says no, or it doesn't work out it won't be awkward for us in Uni. Also in all honesty I have far too much Uni work to stress over, I currently wish to remain single as to avoid further stress anyway until the end of my course.

ReputationRep:
    You should start up a convo by telling her a story or something interesting that has happened in your life recently. For example, 'Guess what happened to me yesterday..' blah blah.She then might relate to you or something. Also, ask her how her day was, what she did yesterday and she also might tell you something that happened to her.
    The best way to think about it is treat her like you do as one of your friends. You tell you friends stuff that happened recently in your life to start a convo right? Or like ask a question to her relating to something that has nothing to do with your course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Long story short there's this girl on my Uni course who for various reasons I find my self drawn to. However, I find it really hard to talk to her during Uni as I really don't know her that well, as she's mostly just someone I've had the odd conversation with, we have talked outside Uni a couple of times during nights out with our mutual Uni friends, but it takes me a while to get comfortable around someone.

Anyway, it's third year now and finally the people I talk to on my course are now planning nights out (even if most of the time most can't make it) but as she lives at home it's difficult for her to join us most of the time. So far this has meant that I haven't been able to talk to her anywhere near as much as I would like. She usually is in conversation with people on the course in Uni, whom I don't know so I find it difficult to go over and talk. Most of our Uni conversations mainly stay on the topic of Uni.

Now what I'm really asking is, is there anyway of getting to know her better, without making my interest obvious, what I mean is I want to come across as if it's purely an interest in friendship, as I would ideally like to get to know her more first. Furthermore, I'm thinking that maybe even if I don't get to know her that much by the end of the year, I will ask her if she would like to meet up someone, but I will only ask her this in any circumstance at the end of the year, because that way if she says no, or it doesn't work out it won't be awkward for us in Uni. Also in all honesty I have far too much Uni work to stress over, I currently wish to remain single as to avoid further stress anyway until the end of my course.
    its third year theres not much time! ask her out already(easier said than done )
    youll regret not making your interest obvious dude-sounds like your convincing yourself about the uni work to not ask her out, I say go for it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.