The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Physics interview at Manchester Uni - What to expect?

I have a physics interview at the University of Manchester for a four year physics degree, and I was wondering what to expect? Is it like Oxbridge interviews where they ask you to solve problems or is it more like a job interview where they're looking at your character/skills, or something else entirely?
Reply 1
Original post by legosass
Hey! I answered something similar on a different post, but I'll put it here as well :smile:
I'm a first year here, and I was in your position a year ago; I wasn't really sure what to expect, but the interview really was nothing to worry about!
If you are taking further maths all the way to A-level, then from what I gather from speaking to other people in my year, you'll have a more in depth-discussion-y type interview, with some calculations and stuff, but also with questions asked about physics topics you talked about on your personal statement.
I only did AS fmaths, so my interview was more maths based than others, to see if my maths skills were as good as the other applicants. I've spoken to a few people who hadn't done any further maths, and this was their interview experience too. I didn't get anything really asked about my personal statement, I just did some maths problems.
At the end of the day, the interview is just a way of meeting you and giving you the offer in person, because when we arrived we were told something along the lines of 'if you're here today, we've basically already decided to give you an offer'.

Any more questions, just ask!

Thank you :smile:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by flabi
Thank you :smile:

Hey, what type of maths questions were you asked?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending