Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I do not have my english or maths gcse what should i do Watch

ReputationRep:
    hi

im 17 in the second year of college i do not have any of my English or Maths i cant get onto a level 2 course, ive just been chucked out of college for not having the right grades what should i do, is their an extra gcse course i can do or something as i realy want to go back to college and finish my course
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by google user)
    hi

im 17 in the second year of college i do not have any of my English or Maths i cant get onto a level 2 course, ive just been chucked out of college for not having the right grades what should i do
    They shouldnt chuck you out for that. they should be arranging for you to take English an Maths as they are compulsory till 18.

Talk to a careers advisor about your options.

Apprenticeship.
    Job
    Enroll for another class.

https://nationalcareersservice.direc...ontact-us/home

ReputationRep:
    hi

im 17 in the second year of college i do not have any of my English or Maths i cant get onto a level 2 course, ive just been chucked out of college for not having the right grades what should i do
    you can do an Acces to higher education course or pay to do a levels BETC levels as its not as expensive if you do it directly thorough the AQA for example three AQA a level courses are about 300 pounds but you have to find a shool near you that will let you sit the exams at their school.
    A lot of people who do not have the right qualifications do an Access to highr educatin course and a lot of unis do consider you as long as you meet the grade requirements.
    If you are looking to go to university you can also find a university that offers a foundation year for the course you want to study as a foundation course allows students without the right qualification or mature students to get an education.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by anonymous9911)
    you can do an Acces to higher education course or pay to do a levels BETC levels as its not as expensive if you do it directly thorough the AQA for example three AQA a level courses are about 300 pounds but you have to find a shool near you that will let you sit the exams at their school.
    A lot of people who do not have the right qualifications do an Access to highr educatin course and a lot of unis do consider you as long as you meet the grade requirements.
    If you are looking to go to university you can also find a university that offers a foundation year for the course you want to study as a foundation course allows students without the right qualification or mature students to get an education.
    Not without English and Maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Not without English and Maths.
    maybe he/she wont be able to do her a levels as a private candidate but the access to higher education is designed for people with non traditional qualifications. and foundations years dont require you to have GCSEs or A levels as long as you comple the foundation year with a pass or a 68% or higher.

ReputationRep:
    Head to your local Adult Education College. As long as you don't have a C grade or above in your GCSEs you can take the Maths and English at little or no cost. They will make you have a pre assessment and if you aren't up to standard for the GCSE then do do the life skills level they suggest, as you can then go onto straight into the GCSE class after that.

You have plenty of time to get your GCSEs, and get back into college. Some colleges will allow you on their courses if you are doing the GCSEs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymous9911)
    is their anything i can do i really want to carry on at college but i need one more gcse also the college misunderstood my grades is this my fault or the colleges i do not know what to to i do not have a college and i do not if there is a course i could do to get one more extra gcse

ReputationRep:
    is their anything i can do i really want to carry on at college but i need one more gcse also the college misunderstood my grades is this my fault or the colleges i do not know what to to i do not have a college and i do not if there is a course i could do to get one more extra gcse
    Yes of course, you always have options. Usually if the college kicked you out they wouldn’t give you much options, they may offer you to repeat the year. They can assist you in taking the GCSE exams November/December 2017 but I doubt they will as it’s a bit too late but they may help you to take them with the rest of the students in may/June.
    If not:
    1. You can self-study the exam content and sit the exams as an external candidate at an exam center or a school that takes external candidates but you’ll have to contact them and they will tell you how much it costs as it’s not free and the price depends on the exam board it’s worth going on the exam boards website and having a look to get a rough idea of how much it’s going to be
    2. You can sit them through a college and take evening classes if the any colleges near you offer that option but again it’s all about contacting the schools or colleges and asking as they will know a lot more than me.
    3. If you can’t do the two options above you can always just apply for a foundation year at uni, just look at the universities that offers your course with a foundation year. What a foundation year basically is, it’s just like any degree you just basically complete an extra year called year 0 to gain qualifications equivalent to the needed GCSEs and A Levels it doesn’t matter if you have don’t have the right grade or don’t have the qualification at all that is why foundation years are set in place, but in order to carry on to the normal degree/ year 1 you have to pass at a certain level usually 68% counts as a pass.
    I am currently doing my a levels privately as I decided to work with a volunteer company and gain some work experience abroad but I obviously can’t go to school and so that at the same time so I am taking my A2 exams in may/June 2018 and planning on going to uni in sept 2018. I have some knowledge on things like that so if you need me to help you step by step just private message me and I’ll be happy to help you through it and do some research for you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.