Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If you know you can achieve the grades you want then the answer is obvious. Work hard, and resit, then keep working hard for the A2 exams. A levels don't reward the clever, but rather those that put the work in, with few exceptions. Decide what you want and get your priorities sorted.

Also, negativity will only hold you back. Smiling and laughing even for no apparent reason does wonders for your well-being/confidence.

All the best

Btw: Check your Pm in a short while.

ReputationRep:
    dont worry bout AS's, thats wot retakes are for!!!! everyone retakes their AS's even if they did well, cos u always do better 2nd time round + the more UMS u can get the better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberries)
    I just feel so rubbish about myself at the moment, I didnt do too well in my As's and all my mates did brilliantly, everybody keeps praising them and we hang around in a foursome and the other three keep getting congratulated and given a round of applause in assembly, i am very proud of them but i just feel uinloved, I know my poor grade was due to lack of work, but when i say this some teachers just say theyre probably the grades you'll get for a2. My one firend keeps telling me how gorgeous the other two are and it just makes me feel rubbish, i lost 8 lbs in weight over the holidays and noone seems to notice only one person has commented. They're my best mates and i ove them to bits but i cant help but feel jealous of them at the momnet and i cant help but feel guilty about it. all the lads in my year come to me for advice because theyre all in love with my best mate, the one who keeps saying the other two are gogrgeous, im in love with a man who has the most beautiful girlfriend and i just dont know what to do to get myself out of this bloody rut!?1
    Well all of the typos are a clear sign that you are agitated. You shouldn't worry too much, I know how you feel half of the time as I have felt the same way, you just need to work on improving your grades and hopefully push yourself to a standard that you are happy with, and you don't need people to acknowledge your weight loss to make you feel special, you lose weight for yourself, not for anyone else so try to be happy with your achievements.

ReputationRep:
    thank you so much for the advice guys, i think I was tired and just having a blue day, all your compliments and well wishes meant a lot to me!! thanls again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberries)
    I just feel so rubbish about myself at the moment, I didnt do too well in my As's and all my mates did brilliantly, everybody keeps praising them and we hang around in a foursome and the other three keep getting congratulated and given a round of applause in assembly, i am very proud of them but i just feel uinloved, I know my poor grade was due to lack of work, but when i say this some teachers just say theyre probably the grades you'll get for a2. My one firend keeps telling me how gorgeous the other two are and it just makes me feel rubbish, i lost 8 lbs in weight over the holidays and noone seems to notice only one person has commented. They're my best mates and i ove them to bits but i cant help but feel jealous of them at the momnet and i cant help but feel guilty about it. all the lads in my year come to me for advice because theyre all in love with my best mate, the one who keeps saying the other two are gogrgeous, im in love with a man who has the most beautiful girlfriend and i just dont know what to do to get myself out of this bloody rut!?1
    Consider dying your hair blonde.

You never know, it could change your life. Alternatively, if you are already blonde, I think that your efforts at academia are futile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    Consider dying your hair blonde.

You never know, it could change your life. Alternatively, if you are already blonde, I think that your efforts at academia are futile.
    i ****ed your little sister

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiNJeTTo)
    i ****ed your little sister
    That puts you in a majority then.

ReputationRep:
    That puts you in a majority then.
    shut up vienna

ReputationRep:
    shut up vienna
    Uh... no (twice).

ReputationRep:
    Uh... no (twice).
    yes

ReputationRep:
    yes
    If you're insinuating that I am Vienna, then you are wrong. I think that you're the first person to ever imply that, and since you're a nobody, I think its fairly irrelevent.

ReputationRep:
    If you're insinuating that I am Vienna, then you are wrong. I think that you're the first person to ever imply that, and since you're a nobody, I think its fairly irrelevent.
    Fairly well said.

ReputationRep:
    daveo will need to be taken out, he could get in our way

sad sad boy

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 10, 2004
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.