Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I started this forum to discuss the Bio paper since there didn't seem to be one about this year. I am doing the 9700 w17- 12, 22, and 33 variants. Anybody open to discussing the papers that are over?

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I took that exam, how did you feel about it?

ReputationRep:
    What questions came in the paper?
    And like what topics

ReputationRep:
    Very hard this time around I think threshold can only get me an A all is now on hand of almighty

ReputationRep:
    I will go through my experience of each component one-by-one. Before I do so, I should add that I am a non-traditional mature student and I took my CIE A level Biology exams after 12 weeks of studying.

Paper 1 (mcqs)

In all fairness, I can't definitely say how this one went. It was my last Biology exam and my brain was close to numb at the time. I found some of the questions quite difficult but I came out of the exam feeling "ok". Since it was a 40 mark exam, I hope I was able to at least score 28 but who knows?

Paper 2 (structured AS)

I really liked this component. Luckily I was able to do tons of practice exam papers (more than 20 past exam papers) and was averaging around 48/60. The actual exam paper went quite well I think, so hopefully 48/60 for this component.

Paper 3 (Practical exam)

I only had 1 practice mock exam for this component because I am a mature student. I had to take the mock exam in a college where I was taking all of my CIE exams as an external candidate. The mock exam went horribly but I think I did "ok" in the actual one. Hopefully 25/40.

Paper 4 (A2 structured)

I did surprisingly well in this one I think. I was able to finish the entire exam within 2 hours and I came out of the exam feeling happy. Hopefully 75/100.

Paper 5 (A2 experimental skills)

This one didnt go as well as I wanted it to. Some of my answers were a bit waffly rather than short and concise. I think 17/30 is probably an accurate prediction.

So Overall, hopefully, 193/270 which is 71%. I am feeling REALLY nervous because results are coming out in less than 6 hours. I really really hope I was able to get an A.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.