Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I just wanted to confirm what I was told on the phone yesterday because I've been told different things throughout the process. I am a single parent and applying for the childcare grant as well as compelling personal reasons. I applied through clearing and have had a lot of trouble finding someone to provide a counter signature for my birth certificate so I decided to send in my other evidence, for cpr and childcare, to be processed while I found someone as i was told at the time the ID processing only takes a few days. I called 3 times around the time they should have been processed to follow up (I was told 19 working days, then after 19 i was told 21) and each time i was asked what I had sent and i had specifically told the advisors I hadn't sent my birth certificate yet but had sent everything else. I assumed I would be able to see if my cpr was accepted even while I was looking for a counter signature but after 21 days I was told it was processed but they couldn't make a decision until they had my birth cert which is understandable for security reasons. However I called yesterday after sending my birth cert last week and was told that it would take 6 days to process and instead of getting all of the info back at that point, the rest of my evidence will be put into the 21 day queue THEN. Nobody once mentioned to me it wouldn't be in the queue when i said i hadnt sent my birth certificate on previous calls and i really dont understand at the very least it my cpa couldn't have been at least looked at to see if I will need more evidence even if that info couldn't be released to me yet? By the time it's processed now I'm going to be over £1000 in debt with my childcare provider and I'm not sure where i can get help.

*My evidence for cpr and childcare were on the system on the 12th September and my birth certificate was signed for yesterday
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ddml)
    I just wanted to confirm what I was told on the phone yesterday because I've been told different things throughout the process. I am a single parent and applying for the childcare grant as well as compelling personal reasons. I applied through clearing and have had a lot of trouble finding someone to provide a counter signature for my birth certificate so I decided to send in my other evidence, for cpr and childcare, to be processed while I found someone as i was told at the time the ID processing only takes a few days. I called 3 times around the time they should have been processed to follow up (I was told 19 working days, then after 19 i was told 21) and each time i was asked what I had sent and i had specifically told the advisors I hadn't sent my birth certificate yet but had sent everything else. I assumed I would be able to see if my cpr was accepted even while I was looking for a counter signature but after 21 days I was told it was processed but they couldn't make a decision until they had my birth cert which is understandable for security reasons. However I called yesterday after sending my birth cert last week and was told that it would take 6 days to process and instead of getting all of the info back at that point, the rest of my evidence will be put into the 21 day queue THEN. Nobody once mentioned to me it wouldn't be in the queue when i said i hadnt sent my birth certificate on previous calls and i really dont understand at the very least it my cpa couldn't have been at least looked at to see if I will need more evidence even if that info couldn't be released to me yet? By the time it's processed now I'm going to be over £1000 in debt with my childcare provider and I'm not sure where i can get help.

*My evidence for cpr and childcare were on the system on the 12th September and my birth certificate was signed for yesterday
    Hi Ddml,

I am sorry to hear about your frustrations with the processing of your application.
    Unfortunately Student Finance are unable to proceed and assess any application until your eligibility evidence is accepted ( birth certificate & ADIF ).
    The current processing times for birth certificates and ADIF's is as you were advised 6 working days and then processing for your Grants for Dependents is currently 20 working days.
    I would suggest if you can wait until Student Finance have processed your birth certificate and ADIF and contact us back after that time ,they may be able to assist.

Thanks

Louise

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.