Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Mature student how long do i have to wait? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have recently applied to do the early childhood and education course in hope university liverpool ive tracked my application through UCAS and it says the university have my application and are making a descision. Does anyone have experience of how long ill wait?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    The deadline to submit applications isn't until January 15 - so they may not even begin assessing them until after this, although most do assess them as they come in. You may get an offer any time between now and the A-level exams period - although if you've already achieved your qualifications, you will probably receive an offer or rejection fairly quickly. Otherwise it can be in quite a broad period, and some take longer than others - I'm not sure about the university in question specifically though. As you've applied fairly early you'll probably receive details earlier than those who apply on the deadline, but I couldn't say how much!

You may want to have a look int that universities forum on here, and see if there's a 2018 applicants thread - some there might indicate whether they're also still waiting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by artful_lounger)
    The deadline to submit applications isn't until January 15 - so they may not even begin assessing them until after this, although most do assess them as they come in. You may get an offer any time between now and the A-level exams period - although if you've already achieved your qualifications, you will probably receive an offer or rejection fairly quickly. Otherwise it can be in quite a broad period, and some take longer than others - I'm not sure about the university in question specifically though. As you've applied fairly early you'll probably receive details earlier than those who apply on the deadline, but I couldn't say how much!

You may want to have a look int that universities forum on here, and see if there's a 2018 applicants thread - some there might indicate whether they're also still waiting
    Ok ill have a look in there, im just impatient ha! Thanks for the advice ☺

ReputationRep:
    I received my offer for my current university on the 3rd of April 2017, so you might have to hang in there a while yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R3negade)
    I received my offer for my current university on the 3rd of April 2017, so you might have to hang in there a while yet.
    🙈 ok thanks for letting me know suppose ill have to learn to be patient and stop checking ucas every 5 mins!

ReputationRep:
    I submitted my UCAS application on the 6th October, I have recieved an offer from one university so far and not a peep from the rest. Apparently one of my choices wont even look at applications until January, so theres a fair wait ahead.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Glad to see you have made an application!

I studied Early Childhood and Education at Liverpool Hope myself and it is such a fantastic course!

Universities do take applications on a case-by-case basis and as somebody previously in the post said - you have applied earlier, which is great, however it may just mean you do have to wait a little longer.

The Early Childhood course is very popular and so I think it is great that you have submitted an application earlier!

If you have any questions about the course, let me know and I will try my best to help!

Steven - Graduate Advocate (Early Childhood and Education & PGCE)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stephlbxx)
    I have recently applied to do the early childhood and education course in hope university liverpool ive tracked my application through UCAS and it says the university have my application and are making a descision. Does anyone have experience of how long ill wait?

They might not have yet started assessing applications at your university. Anyway since there is still time and a lot who have not yet heard from their universities you at least have nothing to worry about. Hang in there tight!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.