Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I’m 16 but I hate alcohol/smoking/drugs Watch

ReputationRep:
    Same here... don't give in to peer pressure at parties and you should be fine. I also hate the smell of cigarettes, especially in public and it's very off-putting for sure. I'm never gonna smoke a cigarette, as I can't imagine the extent to which it can damage your organs.

ReputationRep:
    You're not missing out on much. The only drugs I like would be meth or Ritalin since it helps you focus and you can get a lot of work done in a short amount of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdGal)
    I'm in my early 20's and have never really smoked or taken drugs, but I do drink. And honestly some of the best/ funniest times of my life have been when I've been out with my friends having some drinks. I only drink once or twice a week usually but it is a very social thing to do and I personally enjoy it However I didn't really start drinking until I was 17/18 so if it's worrying you and you would like to do it at some point then you have time!
    On the other hand my life has probably been better or at least unchanged by not smoking or taking drugs.
    Yeah, what they said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I’m currently 16 but I have never smoked in my life and I absolutely hate the idea of it - the smoke I smell in public is awful. I sometimes have small sips of alcohol at dinner but I would never drink a proper glass of alcohol - I prefer juice. I also have no desire to take drugs either. These are all things that some younger people do at parties. Is it common for younger people to completely avoid taking drugs/alcohol and even avoid doing so for their whole lives?
    you know something's wrong with the world when someone worries that their not taking enough drugs :facepalm:. honestly wtf. how can you think not screwing up your body is abnormal.

ReputationRep:
    Well done!
    You should be proud of yourself
    You don’t need them in your life.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I’m currently 16 but I have never smoked in my life and I absolutely hate the idea of it - the smoke I smell in public is awful. I sometimes have small sips of alcohol at dinner but I would never drink a proper glass of alcohol - I prefer juice. I also have no desire to take drugs either. These are all things that some younger people do at parties. Is it common for younger people to completely avoid taking drugs/alcohol and even avoid doing so for their whole lives?
    Totally normal. Some people like it and some will make a big show of it (especially teens to early 20s), but loads of people aren't fussed or even dislike the idea.
    It's normal enough at your age and will get increasingly common as you get older.

I'm going to move this to Advice on Everyday Issues btw. Don't worry, you can post anon there and this will stay anon. It's just not really a health issues is all, but I expect you posted here for the anon function.

I watched my older siblings destroy their lives with alcohol and drugs and some people may say they would never get addicted or anything but some people do and it can destroy their lives. If you don't enjoy doing those things then don't let peer pressure suck you into doing them.

You can definitely enjoy yourself without those elements and you'll save money.

ReputationRep:
    I'm nearly 18 and I hate alcohol! It's just the taste I can't get past. I've never tried any drugs and I refuse to smoke as I know how damaging it can be. I don't have a problem with anything like that though because most of my friends have tried it. I think it's more common now to not drink and smoke, I know loads of people who don't. You just need to make sure you surround yourself with people who don't make a big deal about it and don't pressure you into doing anything you don't want and it's fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VirgoStrain)
    People who want to be healthy. There’s literally no benefit to drinking it.
    Hmm, dunno, teetotalers do die younger.

ReputationRep:
    Ur not alone bud
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

I’m 19 and don’t really drink, smoke or do drugs. You can defo avoid it your whole life, I don’t think many people honestly care, like you might get people who pressure you a bit but like whatever, do whatever you want!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Very normal and I respect your decision, I have never drank (not even a drop), never smoked, never done drugs

Good on you for not getting drawn into it - I know what you mean about people smoking in public and the smell involved. Unfortunately there is this culture created of smoking being something "cool", and will "make you popular" when actually all it is doing is increasing your chances of lung cancer and other illnesses.

people who smoke are pathetic, good on you )

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.