Games you've completed in 2007

Watch
div curl F = 0
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Just wondering what games you guys have completed this year, which you consider have been worthwhile games, which were easy, which weren't so easy etc.

I'll start off:

Wii:
- Red Steel - Not so difficult but quite a long game, worth buying IMO. Moderate

- Super Paper Mario - Very good game, quite a long life, was worth my cash. Easyish

- RE4 - By far the best game I've played in a few years, massive replay value. I'd probably say it was the best game for the Wii just based on its controls. Difficult first time around.

- Twilight Princess - A decent Zelda game, not as good as Ocarina of Time but I can't see anything ever taking its crown as the best game ever for me. Moderate

- Super Mario Galaxy - A good Mario game but I still think Super Mario 64 was better, I think SM64 was more difficult to complete and had a longer lifespan. Easy

DS:
- Phantom Hourglass - Another decent Zelda game, on par with Link's Awakening IMO, Moderate difficulty.

- Pokemon Pearl/Diamond - Typical Pokemon games, good RPG side and if you take training them up seriously (considering EV's,IV's etc and breeding, especially with the GBA connectivity) and competing, its a fairly good game to play, a long life span. Fairly easy.

- Diddy Kong Racing - Bit boring single player, very good multiplayer. Fairly easy.

- Rainbow Islands Revolution - Just like the NES days but with worst controls, not so easy towards the end.

NES:
- Captain Skyhawk - Never completed this when I had it years ago, but got it again this year and finally beat it. Good game, but short lived. Moderate

Xbox:
- Doom 3 & Resurrection of Evil - Two great games, very good graphics and fantastic gameplay, some quite scary moments in this game. A couple of games I'd recommend to anybody liking a FPS for time to time. Hard

- Forza - Great game, lots of tracks, cars and tuning options. This game has a good replay value. Moderate difficulty

I didn't realise I'd completed this many games this year, I thought I'd hardly played on any consoles, lol.
username33685
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i bought a 360 this year, anyway:

Gears of war, just.. amazing, pretty damn hard on insane though, great fun playing co op. essential

Burnout revenge: i enjoyed it, but having owned every previous game in the series its starting to get.. well not boring, but less enjoyable than it used to be. hopefully paradise can solve this. getting golds is tough, especially time trials.

Perfect dark zero: it was alright, the guns were awesome, but far better fps's on the console, not much freedom in how you play. but worth the price you can pick up for (less than a tenner). difficult as well, due to lack of checkpoints.

Dead Rising: awesome, unique experience, and lots of replay value, very gory, a must have for people who love zombies, particularly the film dawn of the dead (original), i love it and it was a dream come true, its pretty much an unofficial game of the film. and cheap these days too. not particularly hard

far cry instincts predator: 2 games in one, instincts is a great game, lengthy story, and fun, may be even better than original far cry. graphics aren't amazing though, not really pushing the console. far cry evolution.. less good, but worth a play. hard until you get regenerating health.

guitar hero 2, f'in awesome, get if you have any interest in rock music but cant play guitar. turn up the volume, and you feel like a rock star easy to learn , difficult to master

GRAW2, it was good, but quite short single player, wouldnt have bought it for full price if i didnt get it as a present, but if u can get it cheap, worth it.

PGR3, fun, good gameplay mechanics, but redundant now PGR4 is out, get that instead, improves on this in every way.

DiRT. fun driving game, lots of variety, great graphics. RIP colin.

Rainbow 6 vegas. pretty good, intense, great graphics, but call of duty 4 does similar things and may be better? can get it cheap, (£15)so probably worth it anyway.

condemned , bargain, got it for a tenner, and it was fun, scary, and quite unique. (first person beat em up) good story and atmosphere.

assassins creed.. not sure, i'd probably say definitely rent it. its fun until you start doing same stuff over and over

bioshock, amazing graphics, story and atmosphere. pretty unique FPS, get it

halo 3. the first halo game i actually enjoyed in single player. legendary co op is a laugh, i hear the multiplayer is good too (dont play online much)
randomgirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well I haven't actually maxed out the achievements on any 360 game...but in terms of storymode,

Halo 3 and gears of war. Not much! They were the only stories that I could be arsed finishing I think.
Morgoth
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Call of duty4 - intense and just plain brilliant
New Super Mario Bros - needed help at the end but good fun throughout
C&C3 - Dissapointingly old school and crap, C&C rehashing the same old crap
Company of heroes, + opposing fronts - Brilliant RTS expansion adds diversity
Crackdown - repetative kill missions but so fun just running around
Assasins creed - see above lol
Gears of war (360 version) - worth the price for my 360 alone
Halo3 - great FPS shorty single player but finishes the story, ace coop
Bioshock - didnt see what was so special bar the gfx and theme
Lost Planet - suprised me, loved it, tough going but great fun
Supreme Commander - shouldve been TA on a grander scale... ended up being too much rush and not enough skill
Unreal tournament 3 - great game, gorgeous gfx, shame about bombing run and assault though

all good all brilliant fun
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Gears of War - Raam was a ******* to defeat :eek:
Dead Rising - Took me almost 3 months to do that, but was so damn fun
Bioshock - Possibly the worst game i have ever played... Even as bad as Skate..
PGR 3
Halo 3 - A bit short, but was a great game all through, ending was good.
Call of Duty 3
Call of Duty 4 - The ending was great, wish it was a little bit longer.
Burnout Revenge

All 360 games, all, but Bioshock were great.
FyreFight
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
CoD4 - Fantastic game, easily my favourite FPS ever and probably one of my favourites of all time.
Assassin's Creed - Was a very fun game, but it let itself down in terms of creativity when it came to missions. It had the potential to be the best game of the year, and didn't manage to reach that far, but I still enjoyed it.
GoW - Surprisingly fun, it brought shooter elements and tactical elements together to make a great game all round. I loved it.
BioShock - Graphics were pretty good, though not incredible, and the gameplay was fun if not revolutionary or excellent. What I loved about it was the incredible atmosphere, it was the first game to make me actually feel scared (to the point of jumping at times) since I played RE when I was 7 or so. Overall, it was a fantastic game, if not for the gameplay itself.
C&C3 - It was fun, but nothing out of the ordinary. I was getting pretty bored of it by the end.
Halo 3 - The solo player was unimaginative and simple, the multiplayer was above average but nothing special, and the coop was fun but again nothing special. It was playable, but nowhere near as fun as the game it was made out to be.
Company of Heroes - The graphics were good for a strategy, and the tactical element was pretty good too.
GRAW 2 - It was one of the better FPSs of the year, and was fun to play, even if I wasn't blown away by it.
Forza 2 - It felt like GT4 but with better graphics. But that's fine, they're both good games.
Crysis - I loved it when I was playing it, the graphics really were incredible and the gameplay was fun too. The only thing that let it down for me was that my computer kept overheating and crashing, but that's what happens when you get a very powerful rig and forget to go for liquid cooling. But I can hardly blame the game for that.

Overall, it was a good year for gaming. A couple of games were fantastic to play, although a couple more were supposed to be and failed miserably in reality.
username51312
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
Spider-Man: Friend or Foe
Beautiful Katamari
Viva Pinata
Viva Pinata: Party Animals - best game ever!
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Cars + Cars Mater-National
joeydeacon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Teccy
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
Final Fantasy XII- very disappointing in terms of storyline and character development (not that that stopped me spending 90 hours completing it!).
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by joeydeacon)
not being funny but how do you all have time to complete so many games?

I have completed Splinter Cell DA, Gun and Hitman Blood Money on my 360 but that's about it.

I spend most time (of what time I do have) playing PE6, does anyone on her want their arse kicked?
The games are pretty short, and don't really take much time up, especially COD 4 & Halo 3.

And also with the help of Co-Op.
joeydeacon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by joeydeacon)
I am 31 (past gaming peak), with a full time job and Access course crammed into 1 year on top of that... please forgive me
Sorry, i didn't mean it in a nasty way :p:

There is never an age where you are 'past gaming peak'.

Damn jobs & Education, get in the way of everything
username33685
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
well i'm at uni, says a lot about why ive completed so many games.. but even then, if you game for one hour a day instead of say, watching tv, (dont really watch it much, other than buzzcocks, top gear and american shows i download) thats 365 hours a year... average completion time of a game, say, 10 hours... actually i dont wanna think about how much ive played, lol.
username51312
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by .Andrew.)
Damn jobs & Education, get in the way of everything
u forgot to mention kidz, if u r unlucky to get 1 say BB to games 4 several years :mad:
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by UAG)
u forgot to mention kidz, if u r unlucky to get 1 say BB to games 4 several years :mad:
Sod that, too young for all that nonsense.. :p:

Got a few more gaming years left before i even consider swapping my consoles for any kids..
div curl F = 0
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by UAG)
Not so in my opinion, just a case of managing time better:

I'm 21, I have a 2 year old daughter and I'm in University in Manchester (I commute 80 miles round trip there everyday), yet I still find time for the odd go on a console every now and then; I've just been playing on Mario Party 8, I've done all the work I'm doing today, my little girl is in bed and theres nothing on the box, perfect.
SidVan
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
in no particular order

mass effect-could have been so much better. still, one of the best games for the 360 right now
assassin's creed-incredible, just wow. if it was a bit more varied, it would have easily been the best game so far on all consoles this current generation
bioshock-best storyline i've experienced in a game
GT07-very punishing, very realistic motorcycle simulator
c&c3-old school rubbish. rusher's heaven. avoid
dead rising-a dream come true. i'm waiting for the day when a MMORPG with the same theme using an entire city will be created
guitar hero 3-it's guitar hero, nuff said
Sziphix
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I didn't often have big 'blocks' of free time so I just end up playing Counter-Strike: Source because I don't have to look for a save point when I have to go.

I think this year it's been:
Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition, on Dante/Vergil Must Die modes.
Kingdom Hearts & Kingdom Hearts 2
Resident Evil 4
i'm no superman
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
360:
- Gears of War
- Splinter Cell: Double Agent
- Bioshock
- Halo 3
- Assassin's Creed

I'm on my way to beating The Orange Box soon!
peachy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
These are in no particular order, just as I look along my shelf with my games and films on:
F.E.A.R
Gears of War
CoD 4 (started 3 earlier this year too and never bothered finishing it :p: )
Ghost Recon
Ghost Recon 2
Rainbow 6 Vegas
Portal (if that counts as a whole game)
Dead Rising
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Halo 1 (:p: I know it’s been out years but I thought I’d try 1 & 2 before buying 3)
Assassin’s Creed
Bioshock
And I suppose Test Drive Unlimited cos although I haven’t got every achievement I’ve done all the races and got gold and all the hitchhikers and stuff.

There’s a few other games that I’ve done as much as I can be bothered doing, such as DiRT, Forza 2, Crackdown, Viva Pinata and Saints Row (I’ve got one mission thing to do but I can’t do it ).

All those are on the 360. I've listed the games I've completed the storylines on, I haven't got every achievement on them, cos, well, that'll take ages and I can't be arsed! I'm not that sad or that bothered about achievements.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (136)
42.37%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (37)
11.53%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.41%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (68)
21.18%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.59%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.92%

Watched Threads