Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Durham PPE or LSE politics/international relations? Watch

ReputationRep:
    hey guys i’m in a bit of a dilemma here. i’m an international student and haven’t really had time or money to go to open days for unis in the UK and i’m really torn between these two. the Pol/international relations course in LSE really appeals to me but i’m wondering whether it’s a good idea to switch it for Durham PPE since i’ve applied for PPE at other unis. if anyone’s wondering why i never applies for PPE at LSE it’s cuz i don’t meet the maths requirement. i don’t really have a sensing of what the courses are like/how life is in the two different unis beyond what is available online. if anyone could provide some insight into comparing the courses/unis i would greatly appreciate it
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ms9824692)
    hey guys i’m in a bit of a dilemma here. i’m an international student and haven’t really had time or money to go to open days for unis in the UK and i’m really torn between these two. the Pol/international relations course in LSE really appeals to me but i’m wondering whether it’s a good idea to switch it for Durham PPE since i’ve applied for PPE at other unis. if anyone’s wondering why i never applies for PPE at LSE it’s cuz i don’t meet the maths requirement. i don’t really have a sensing of what the courses are like/how life is in the two different unis beyond what is available online. if anyone could provide some insight into comparing the courses/unis i would greatly appreciate it
    Only you can work out what's best for you. Compare the courses, work and research opportunities, where grads end up, facilities, finance and cities. You will have to balance your personal statement with politics and international relations, economics and philosophy to make sure that it appeals to all the unis you're applying to as well. Have a look on Connect and filter by uni to find other students.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.