Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have recently changed from a full-time Single Honours degree course (I only completed first year) to a Combined Honours degree course where I have to complete first year for the new course I am studying on a part-time basis.

I intend to complete a PGCE course once I have obtained my degree.

Would I be able and be entitled to 5 years of student finance (which one of these being part-time)?

Thanks,

Matt

ReputationRep:
    This all depends on personal circumstances, sometimes they do allow this and sometimes they don't.

I suggest contacting them personally and explaining the different courses, and the reasons then they'll be able to give a more 'specific' answer where they can ask for the information they need in private.

https://www.gov.uk/contact-student-finance-england
    https://www.studentfinancewales.co.u...x#.WfBnkRNSyRs
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by matt_1998)
    Hi,

I have recently changed from a full-time Single Honours degree course (I only completed first year) to a Combined Honours degree course where I have to complete first year for the new course I am studying on a part-time basis.

I intend to complete a PGCE course once I have obtained my degree.

Would I be able and be entitled to 5 years of student finance (which one of these being part-time)?

Thanks,

Matt
    You get length of course + 1 - previous years study. PGCE is postgraduate and your undergraduate study doesn't count.

ReputationRep:
    So SF would cover me for all 4 years (incl. 1 year of part-time) of undergraduate study and then 1 year of postgraduate study (PGCE)?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.