Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have recently changed from a full-time Single Honours degree course (I only completed first year) to a Combined Honours degree course where I have to complete first year for the new course I am studying on a part-time basis.

I intend to complete a PGCE course once I have obtained my degree.

Would I be able and be entitled to 5 years of student finance (which one of these being part-time)?

Thanks,

Matt

ReputationRep:
    This all depends on personal circumstances, sometimes they do allow this and sometimes they don't.

I suggest contacting them personally and explaining the different courses, and the reasons then they'll be able to give a more 'specific' answer where they can ask for the information they need in private.

https://www.gov.uk/contact-student-finance-england
    https://www.studentfinancewales.co.u...x#.WfBnkRNSyRs
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt_1998)
    Hi,

I have recently changed from a full-time Single Honours degree course (I only completed first year) to a Combined Honours degree course where I have to complete first year for the new course I am studying on a part-time basis.

I intend to complete a PGCE course once I have obtained my degree.

Would I be able and be entitled to 5 years of student finance (which one of these being part-time)?

Thanks,

Matt
    You get length of course + 1 - previous years study. PGCE is postgraduate and your undergraduate study doesn't count.

ReputationRep:
    So SF would cover me for all 4 years (incl. 1 year of part-time) of undergraduate study and then 1 year of postgraduate study (PGCE)?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.