Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hello!
    I need assistance with filling out my Overseas Income Assessment Form, as I am unsure about the evidence that needs to be submitted along with the Third Party Declaration.

My situation:
    - graduated university and have permanently moved out of the United Kingdom to an EU country
    - currently unemployed, living with my parents who support me
    - they support me in a way that does not involve them transferring me any funds to a bank account, nor am I using a bank account to support myself monetarily
    - they pay for everything and I receive no allowance either

My questions are:
    1) in the Third Party Declaration, the 'Total amount of support' asks for the amount I receive. I receive no allowance, hence I do not know how to estimate the amount I receive nor what what to put in that section. What should I do? is there a way to specify that I do not receive a fixed amount but am getting supported otherwise? If I receive no allowance can that be left blank?
    2) The evidence I need to submit along with the form is also unclear. I am a little confused as to what kind of evidence I can provide, as my name is not included in my parents' bank statements, nor do I receive any money transfers to my account. What kind of evidence should I support in this case?
    3) what other kinds of supporting evidence can I provide - a third party written cover letter stating support perhaps?

Kind regards and thank you for your help
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polkadotted)
    hello!
    I need assistance with filling out my Overseas Income Assessment Form, as I am unsure about the evidence that needs to be submitted along with the Third Party Declaration.

My situation:
    - graduated university and have permanently moved out of the United Kingdom to an EU country
    - currently unemployed, living with my parents who support me
    - they support me in a way that does not involve them transferring me any funds to a bank account, nor am I using a bank account to support myself monetarily
    - they pay for everything and I receive no allowance either

My questions are:
    1) in the Third Party Declaration, the 'Total amount of support' asks for the amount I receive. I receive no allowance, hence I do not know how to estimate the amount I receive nor what what to put in that section. What should I do? is there a way to specify that I do not receive a fixed amount but am getting supported otherwise? If I receive no allowance can that be left blank?
    2) The evidence I need to submit along with the form is also unclear. I am a little confused as to what kind of evidence I can provide, as my name is not included in my parents' bank statements, nor do I receive any money transfers to my account. What kind of evidence should I support in this case?
    3) what other kinds of supporting evidence can I provide - a third party written cover letter stating support perhaps?

Kind regards and thank you for your help
    Hi polkadotted,

In regards to your questions about how to complete the OVFA form and what evidence to provide. If you receive third party support from your parents and in may cases money is not involved in your support provided. I would suggest that you have your third party sign the Declaration form and enclose a letter confirming the time of support provided.

Thanks
    Louise

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.