Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is there any products that can whiten a dead tooth? Watch

ReputationRep:
    i got root canal a couple of years ago but then got braces so you couldn't recognize my grey tooth i recently got my braces off and now my grey tooth is very noticeable it legit ruined everything like in school i dont even talk like when people usually get the braces off they usually show off their hollywood smile however for me thats not the case im so insecure and im 15 i shoudnt be experiencing this at my age besides my dentist did not even tell me it was going to darken anyways i was just wondering if i could whiten my tooth at home my tooth aint really that dark only at the top of the tooth but i was just wondering if i could buy really good whitening products would my teeth whiten even a little bit .
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I'm assuming this is one of your front teeth, as opposed to side or molars.

In any case outside of a crown or veneers, probably not. However you normally should have a crown placed on a tooth which has had a root canal as they become more prone to fracture and chipping a few years after the procedure...

Avoid seeded bread in the meantime

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by artful_lounger)
    I'm assuming this is one of your front teeth, as opposed to side or molars.

In any case outside of a crown or veneers, probably not. However you normally should have a crown placed on a tooth which has had a root canal as they become more prone to fracture and chipping a few years after the procedure...

Avoid seeded bread in the meantime
    yeh but they a really expensive,Do you any products that can whiten a dead tooth?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Moved to a more relevant section.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.