The Student Room Group

Study to Success (hopefully)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Sunday 5 November
Sorry I haven't been posting for so long but my toothaches got worse. I'm not suspecting a gum abscess or infection. I saw the dentist on Friday but she just said it was an irritated nerve but I've had pus coming out of my gums. If anyone knows what to do please let me know as it's the weekend and the dentist is closed. Not sure when I'll do proper up dates as I'm feeling quite ill.
Hope everyone's all right and hope you enjoy bonfire night
Effy
Reply 21
Tuesday 7 November
Just had three tests today physics biology and geography and I'm absolutely exhausted. I was up all night revising cause being me I left it to the night before.
Let me know if you'd like to see the notes I made for any of these subject
Btw I would love any feedback positive or negative
Effy
good luck!
i’m doing similar subjects to you :smile:
i hope you achieve what you want!

what subject do u struggle with the most?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by clouddbubbles
good luck!
i’m doing similar subjects to you :smile:
i hope you achieve what you want!

what subject do u struggle with the most?

English- there are so many essays!!!
Also history there's always so much to write!
Also don't really like chemistry or physics anymore but that's on because we have boring teachers.
What about you?
Do you have any favorite subjects?
Original post by Effy..
English- there are so many essays!!!
Also history there's always so much to write!
Also don't really like chemistry or physics anymore but that's on because we have boring teachers.
What about you?
Do you have any favorite subjects?

i think i have similar views to you!
i like biology, spanish, pe :smile:
Reply 25
I've had way too many tests this week and am burnt out. I had biology physics and geography all on the same day😭. I made quite a few notes but don't really like them so I'll post some of the ones that look semi decent. I've already done more revision then I normally do in a year so I guess this blog is working even though I barley update.
Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Anyway let me know how your all getting along, I love hearing from you. If you also have a blog tell me if it's helped or not.
Feel free to leave any suggestions
Effy
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 26
So I got the revision guides from school for English. They're all CGP and were roughly half price so I though why not. If anyone knows any good ones for poetry edexcel or a journeys end please let me. know which ones do you use? Do you find them helpful?C3CAB986-C34D-4A91-A30E-D57C9B47DB97.jpg.jpeg
Effy
Ps yes I did take this on a yoga mat
Reply 27
Thursday 23rd November
Omg i haven't posted in ages. Why am i like this??? But i have two days off now:yay:, so i going to try and post more.
To make up for the fact i haven't posted in ages i'm going to continue with the revision tips i started before, because i think its for helpful to everyone. Let me know if you like these kind of posts. Ill start with how to get ready to start revising and optimize concentration without.

Clear your work space
This might seem like a way to procrastinate but it really helps. Personally when i revise, I like to spread out..a lot. Before you start revising remove everything from your work space. It helps clear the space and gives you enough space to have all the books open that you need. For me I'm to lazy to tidy stuff of my desk so i just dump it on my bed.

Remove all distractions
Turn off your phone and any other electrical devices unless you need them to revise. If so i would recommend going on a website or downloading an app which blocks certain websites.

Get everything you need
You should have everything you need before ready: Any books, pens, paper, textbooks ect. This means you wont get distracted when trying to look for anything you forgot and can stay focused with out interruptions.

I hope you enjoyed that post and i think ill add to it later (if i dont forget like the idiot i am). Tell me any revision tips you find helpful.
Effy
Reply 28
Sunday 2nd December
Once again i haven't posted in ages. Sorry guys. This is basically how my revision goes, i barley to any but i am desperately trying to change that. From now on im going to try an post at least once a week and gradually step it up from there.
This week
So this week we had parents evening. So much fun i know. I got what i get every year that im doing well but i need to participate more and ask/answer questions during lessons.
In most my tests i get over 90% im not bragging because part of me doesn't thing that over 90% is a good score as im a bit of a perfectionist. Now if you wondering where i get that from, its from my parents. I got 88% in a chemistry test i did and my mum seemed so disappointed which probably isnt great considering my already low self esteem and its not like i wasnt already internally beating myself up about it anyway.

What would you consider a good score? How strict are your parents concerning academics?
Effy
Reply 29
Sunday 10th December
It snowed today!!! it actually snowed today which never happens here. Like there was enough to build a snowman.
I would love any feedback because i havent been getting any which is probably because i never post but i would really like to hear from you guys.

This week
Its nearing the end of term (we break up next week) so the teachers have stared to give us tests. way!! This week ive had a physics and maths test which i think went quite well.
Ive added pictures of my physics revision (mains electricity)
i actually got 100% on this test which is good considering my tragic score last time but im sure she marked sonme of the questions wrong (still im not going to tell her that)
Ive also added my maths revision. I actually like how my notes turned out for once even though my handwritin is ugly.
I dont think it went too badly, but well see when i get the test back.

I have a biology and geography test which ill prbably faill so id better get revising
Effy
Original post by Effy..
Sunday 10th December
It snowed today!!! it actually snowed today which never happens here. Like there was enough to build a snowman.
I would love any feedback because i havent been getting any which is probably because i never post but i would really like to hear from you guys.

This week
Its nearing the end of term (we break up next week) so the teachers have stared to give us tests. way!! This week ive had a physics and maths test which i think went quite well.
Ive added pictures of my physics revision (mains electricity)
i actually got 100% on this test which is good considering my tragic score last time but im sure she marked sonme of the questions wrong (still im not going to tell her that)
Ive also added my maths revision. I actually like how my notes turned out for once even though my handwritin is ugly.
I dont think it went too badly, but well see when i get the test back.

I have a biology and geography test which ill prbably faill so id better get revising
Effy

well done on 100%! those photos of your revision are really helpful :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by clouddbubbles
well done on 100%! those photos of your revision are really helpful :smile:

Thank you!
Original post by Effy..
Thank you!

no problem, and keep updating! i enjoy reading yours :biggrin:
Reply 33
Friday 15th December
It was the last day of school today!! Finally it’s the holidays. Unfortunately my chemistry teacher just emailed us saying there’s going to be a test on the first week back, so guess who’s going to have to revise over the holidays. Also I have a horrible cold and feel terrible which wasn’t helped by the fact the people sitting behind me insisted on having the windows open instead of just opening a window.
This week
I’ve had to tests this week, biology and geography. Both of these went really well. I’ve attached my revision notes for biology. For geography I only had a really ugly page as I was too busy revising for biology so I panic revises during lunch.
For geography I got 100% and for biology 98% which I’m really happy about. I also got my maths back and I got 94%. I’m not that happy only because I saw a lot of people who got higher than me and I’m quite harsh too myself. Also I worked really hard for this and my friend, who got higher than me, said he didn’t revise (but everyone suspects he secretly revises and just says he doesn’t ).But I know what I got wrong and it was just a few silly mistakes (which kinda makes it worse).
I’ve just started a new Instagram studygram kinda think of anyone wants to check it out you support would be appreciated my user name is @minimalist.studies
https://www.instagram.com/minimalist.studies/?hl=en
Effy
F8727086-EBFC-4A7A-9BBE-D81506919822.jpg.jpeg

Quick Reply

Latest