Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Study to Success (hopefully) Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: How could I improve my gyg blog?
    Have more revision tips
    50.00%
    Talk about my everyday life
    0%
    Share how I revise and my notes
    50.00%
    Motivation (quotes,pics...)
    50.00%
    Other (please leave a comment)
    0%

ReputationRep:
    Sunday 5 November
    Sorry I haven't been posting for so long but my toothaches got worse. I'm not suspecting a gum abscess or infection. I saw the dentist on Friday but she just said it was an irritated nerve but I've had pus coming out of my gums. If anyone knows what to do please let me know as it's the weekend and the dentist is closed. Not sure when I'll do proper up dates as I'm feeling quite ill.
    Hope everyone's all right and hope you enjoy bonfire night
    Effy
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Tuesday 7 November
    Just had three tests today physics biology and geography and I'm absolutely exhausted. I was up all night revising cause being me I left it to the night before.
    Let me know if you'd like to see the notes I made for any of these subject
    Btw I would love any feedback positive or negative
    Effy

ReputationRep:
    good luck!
    i’m doing similar subjects to you
    i hope you achieve what you want!

what subject do u struggle with the most?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clouddbubbles)
    good luck!
    i’m doing similar subjects to you
    i hope you achieve what you want!

what subject do u struggle with the most?
    English- there are so many essays!!!
    Also history there's always so much to write!
    Also don't really like chemistry or physics anymore but that's on because we have boring teachers.
    What about you?
    Do you have any favorite subjects?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Effy..)
    English- there are so many essays!!!
    Also history there's always so much to write!
    Also don't really like chemistry or physics anymore but that's on because we have boring teachers.
    What about you?
    Do you have any favorite subjects?
    i think i have similar views to you!
    i like biology, spanish, pe

ReputationRep:
    I've had way too many tests this week and am burnt out. I had biology physics and geography all on the same day😭. I made quite a few notes but don't really like them so I'll post some of the ones that look semi decent. I've already done more revision then I normally do in a year so I guess this blog is working even though I barley update.
    Attachment 703224
    Attachment 703226
    Anyway let me know how your all getting along, I love hearing from you. If you also have a blog tell me if it's helped or not.
    Feel free to leave any suggestions
    Effy

ReputationRep:
    So I got the revision guides from school for English. They're all CGP and were roughly half price so I though why not. If anyone knows any good ones for poetry edexcel or a journeys end please let me. know which ones do you use? Do you find them helpful?Name:  C3CAB986-C34D-4A91-A30E-D57C9B47DB97.jpg.jpeg
Views: 3
Size:  28.6 KB
    Effy
    Ps yes I did take this on a yoga mat

ReputationRep:
    Thursday 23rd November
    Omg i haven't posted in ages. Why am i like this??? But i have two days off now:yay:, so i going to try and post more.
    To make up for the fact i haven't posted in ages i'm going to continue with the revision tips i started before, because i think its for helpful to everyone. Let me know if you like these kind of posts. Ill start with how to get ready to start revising and optimize concentration without.

Clear your work space
    This might seem like a way to procrastinate but it really helps. Personally when i revise, I like to spread out..a lot. Before you start revising remove everything from your work space. It helps clear the space and gives you enough space to have all the books open that you need. For me I'm to lazy to tidy stuff of my desk so i just dump it on my bed.

Remove all distractions
    Turn off your phone and any other electrical devices unless you need them to revise. If so i would recommend going on a website or downloading an app which blocks certain websites.

Get everything you need
    You should have everything you need before ready: Any books, pens, paper, textbooks ect. This means you wont get distracted when trying to look for anything you forgot and can stay focused with out interruptions.

I hope you enjoyed that post and i think ill add to it later (if i dont forget like the idiot i am). Tell me any revision tips you find helpful.
    Effy

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.