Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Don't know what kind of sixth form to choose... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey there!

So I have a bit of a dilemma. I'm in Year 11 and I've looked at two great sixth forms that I would like to enrol at. They are both quite high up in the leagues tables and have a pretty solid reputation.

However, I can't seem to choose between them, as the positives and negatives of both don't add up in my opinion.

- The first one is a sixth form college. It has very good A Level results and most of the people who go there continue to uni. It's a very creative and fun sixth form; however I was told of people there who had very questionable character; by that I mean there's roadmen there, which is a negative in my opinion, because I feel like any form of social life will be dominated by this mentality, and anyone who does not have this mentality will be looked down upon.

- The second one is a standalone sixth form, which has recently opened. It has a high A* to B rate and sent nearly 91% of its intake to Russell Group Universities. It is a selective sixth form, however, and because of this, it has a very studious atmosphere. While this is not a negative to me, it might seem that the students that go there are too focused on working and getting good grades. It's a good thing, but I feel like there is no work/life balance at this sixth form.

So... Which one do I pick? Please help!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.