Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey there!

So I have a bit of a dilemma. I'm in Year 11 and I've looked at two great sixth forms that I would like to enrol at. They are both quite high up in the leagues tables and have a pretty solid reputation.

However, I can't seem to choose between them, as the positives and negatives of both don't add up in my opinion.

- The first one is a sixth form college. It has very good A Level results and most of the people who go there continue to uni. It's a very creative and fun sixth form; however I was told of people there who had very questionable character; by that I mean there's roadmen there, which is a negative in my opinion, because I feel like any form of social life will be dominated by this mentality, and anyone who does not have this mentality will be looked down upon.

- The second one is a standalone sixth form, which has recently opened. It has a high A* to B rate and sent nearly 91% of its intake to Russell Group Universities. It is a selective sixth form, however, and because of this, it has a very studious atmosphere. While this is not a negative to me, it might seem that the students that go there are too focused on working and getting good grades. It's a good thing, but I feel like there is no work/life balance at this sixth form.

So... Which one do I pick? Please help!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.