Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cheated on to who I lost my virginity to. Watch

Advice , opinions and has anyone ever been in this situation?

18 years I held my virginity and I lost it to the love of my life. He ended up cheating on me and I think during our relationship he was too. I held my virginity because I didn't find no one worth giving it to I fell in love with him and it was just such a good relationship at the start. I'm now single and I ended things. I'm finding it very difficult to let go. I've blocked him out my life completely not only am I still in love with him and hurt everyday. I'm attached.

How to I face the fact that he was my first and I'm still attached? Yes I've met boys and we stopped talking but he clearly is different to all the ones I've met because I lost my virginity to him. I am really hurting it's been 2 weeks. Our relationship lasted almost a year and a half.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

18 years I held my virginity and I lost it to the love of my life. He ended up cheating on me and I think during our relationship he was too. I held my virginity because I didn't find no one worth giving it to I fell in love with him and it was just such a good relationship at the start. I'm now single and I ended things. I'm finding it very difficult to let go. I've blocked him out my life completely not only am I still in love with him and hurt everyday. I'm attached.

How to I face the fact that he was my first and I'm still attached? Yes I've met boys and we stopped talking but he clearly is different to all the ones I've met because I lost my virginity to him. I am really hurting it's been 2 weeks. Our relationship lasted almost a year and a half.
    I think you should try and get over the idea that him being your 'first' is important in any way. It's not. Some people lost their virginity to their rapists. It happens.
    It's only been two weeks, too. Give yourself time. Date new people, do something fun with your friends.

(Original post by Ciel.)
    I think you should try and get over the idea that him being your 'first' is important in any way. It's not. Some people lost their virginity to their rapists. It happens.
    It's only been two weeks, too. Give yourself time. Date new people, do something fun with your friends.
    Don't you think it's too early to date new people. I still cry everyday and I'm hurting a lot. Not just a breakup I've been cheated on. My trust is completely gone
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Don't you think it's too early to date new people. I still cry everyday and I'm hurting a lot. Not just a breakup I've been cheated on. My trust is completely gone
    It's too early, you'll just be rebounding and it's unfair on the other person. You need to find new hobbies and try to make new friends first.

ReputationRep:
    It's not about dating at all. It's about going out and doing stuff to pass the time, so that you have less time to think about him. Dating was just one of examples.
    I know that a lot of people take cheating very seriously but, after all, it's nothing but sex if it was a one off. So feeling worthless, because someone couldn't control their **** is pretty pointless.

ReputationRep:
    Give it time, you said it has only been two weeks. For some, their "first" is important but it isn't something you have to cling on to. "First" isn't always the best! It seems your relationship hurt you deeply, so you should take some time to recover from this. Focus on yourself and your interests, go out with your good friends and move on from your ex. When the time is right, you will be ready to give your heart again to someone you can trust, and ex will be nothing but a distant memory.

ReputationRep:
    When you start to date more people in the future, you'll realise this whole fantasy of the 'first' person you lose your virginity to is utter bs. In your lifetime you will most likely have a few 'first times' with different people, and I can tell you, no first time will be the same.

It's hard to get over, igy. I spent a year crying over some guy who didn't respect me 'til I realised my f*****g worth. Now I laugh about it. You'll get there too. Time heals. Enjoy your life.

ReputationRep:

They are not the love of your life until they marry you.

Got a pic of him ? skrt skrt

(Original post by Ciel.)
    It's not about dating at all. It's about going out and doing stuff to pass the time, so that you have less time to think about him. Dating was just one of examples.
    I know that a lot of people take cheating very seriously but, after all, it's nothing but sex if it was a one off. So feeling worthless, because someone couldn't control their **** is pretty pointless.
    He took a girl out and constantly asked to meet her got her number on the street

ReputationRep:
    It gets better, don't see yourself as broken or used. See yourself as being redefined. Finding yourself again is part of the healing process, learning to trust again will be the most difficult step

ReputationRep:
    Everyone cheats, get used to it.

He sounds like an utter douche. I'm so sorry that this happened to you. Something similar happened to me too, and it did take some time to get over the hurt.. it really sucks. Try and use this as a opportunity to grow and learn from it. I promise you'll find a guy who will see your worth and all that you are. Heal and allow yourself to feel this way, do things you enjoy, and surround yourself with people who love you.

ReputationRep:
    peak

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joyoustele)
    They are not the love of your life until they marry you.
    ********. Marriage is outdated, and doesn't prove true love at all. Shall we really go into failed marriages because they were never compatible, or because one of them was a sociopath using them for money?

ReputationRep:
    I think time is the best answer for you. Now may be you also have a little emotion with him, and you regret your virginity. Nowadays, some people don' t concern with losing virginity or not. The most important is you can passe this situation and begin a good life without this cheated man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukauu)
    ********. Marriage is outdated, and doesn't prove true love at all. Shall we really go into failed marriages because they were never compatible, or because one of them was a sociopath using them for money?
    Hmmm People using old rich idiots for money, you call that a true marriage?,

Shall i go into how many people cheat their Gf/Bf compared to howmany people cheat their wife or husband?..... Marriage will actually, give you a better chance of a true relationship, rather than just being Bf/Gf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joyoustele)
    Hmmm People using old rich idiots for money, you call that a true marriage?,

Shall i go into how many people cheat their Gf/Bf compared to howmany people cheat their wife or husband?..... Marriage will actually, give you a better chance of a true relationship, rather than just being Bf/Gf
    I said that's an example of marriage not being true... LMAO. Damn. And marriage won't give you a better chance, it'll give you a better chance to crash and burn. It's a piece of paper, it doesn't 'prove' anything.

ReputationRep:
    And then it came to lukakuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 1, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.