Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm a graphic design student studying in my final year at the Arts University Bournemouth. As everyone on here most definitely knows, teaching is a very demanding and stressful job but what happens when the stress and pressure of the job manifest into mental health issues? I am curious to find out how you cope with the stress and what coping methods have helped in your job? What your employers are doing to help sustain and promote positive mental health in the workplace? I would also be interested to hear any further information on how often are the symptoms and what those symptoms may be? any other information would be greatly appreciated. If you do not have a history or diagnosis of mental illness still feel free to comment as well all feel anxiousness and stress from time to time and I am interested to find out how you cope with that.

ReputationRep:
    The key to all this is resilience. Being organised and realistic about what you can achieve are there. I am lucky in that my school have realistic expectations on marking and a Wellness Committeethat look at ways to improve life for students.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.