Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want to study psychology at either Bristol or Leeds. I thought I'd prefer Bristol but I went to Leeds for the open day and I loved it, just as much as I loved Bristol. Both courses are great, both cities are great, but I'm just stuck between nightlife - as this is going to be really important to me during my time at Uni.
    I've heard that Leeds nightlife is brilliant, but I haven't heard that much about Bristol nightlife - I've also read that the type of people who go to Bristol and the type of people who go to Leeds are VERY different in terms of how snobby they are, is this true? I'm from a public school and I don't know if it's true whether I'd feel left out if I went to Bristol.
    But I'm just wondering if the nightlife / social aspect of Bristol is as good as Leeds supposedly is??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mill2000)
    I want to study psychology at either Bristol or Leeds. I thought I'd prefer Bristol but I went to Leeds for the open day and I loved it, just as much as I loved Bristol. Both courses are great, both cities are great, but I'm just stuck between nightlife - as this is going to be really important to me during my time at Uni.
    I've heard that Leeds nightlife is brilliant, but I haven't heard that much about Bristol nightlife - I've also read that the type of people who go to Bristol and the type of people who go to Leeds are VERY different in terms of how snobby they are, is this true? I'm from a public school and I don't know if it's true whether I'd feel left out if I went to Bristol.
    But I'm just wondering if the nightlife / social aspect of Bristol is as good as Leeds supposedly is??
    Leeds for the win

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mill2000)
    I go to Bristol right now and night life is pretty damn good here! there's a great number of clubs for different range of music genres! As for snobbyness - potentially you might "see" it because it can be a bit of an "oxbridge rejects" place, but tbh I haven't experience it at all, and if you do see people like that, obvs you won't hang out with them so they are irrelevant.

Maybe the only downside is that because this isn't campus, there might be less "studenty" events organised compared to Leeds (maybe idk) and definitely less of a student bubble . But there are club nights almost every night, and it is still pretty easy to meet people, so long as you go out and mingle.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.