Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,
    Since this is a pretty specific course I thought it might be useful to have a place where we can all talk about interview prep, written work etc.

What colleges have people applied to? And what other unis?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I've applied to Lincoln, it seemed to be kind of the 'hub' of CAAH at Oxford, although I could be wrong. The people there seemed friendly and the rooms were nice and the library was great so that was choice sorted ahaha.

I've also applied to Durham, Nottingham and Leeds for Classical Civilisations and Birmingham for Classical Civilisations and Literature. I've got offers from Notts, Leeds and Birmingham so far.

What are you submitting for the written work? I've got an AS Class Civ essay and I'm writing an A2 essay on Oedipus which my teacher said I should submit but it's my first A2 classics essay so I'm pretty nervous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallingleaves6)
    Hi! I've applied to Lincoln, it seemed to be kind of the 'hub' of CAAH at Oxford, although I could be wrong. The people there seemed friendly and the rooms were nice and the library was great so that was choice sorted ahaha.

I've also applied to Durham, Nottingham and Leeds for Classical Civilisations and Birmingham for Classical Civilisations and Literature. I've got offers from Notts, Leeds and Birmingham so far.

What are you submitting for the written work? I've got an AS Class Civ essay and I'm writing an A2 essay on Oedipus which my teacher said I should submit but it's my first A2 classics essay so I'm pretty nervous!
    I thought about picking Lincoln hahah, it does seem like a good college for CAAH. I evaded up picking St John's though because the buildings look lush and I wanna have good cooking facilities to save a bit of money (although I've read the food at Lincoln is amazing). I've applied to Durham, Edinburgh and St Andrews for straight ancient history, and Warwick for CAAH (got an offer!). For my written work I'm submitting part of an essay I did on Herodotus because I don't really have much else, and the (lengthy) introduction to my EPQ.

Could I ask what your predictions and GCSEs are? My predictions are solid (A*A*A) but at GCSE I did well below the average for an Oxbridge applicant- 1 A*, 2As, 5 Bs and a C. So I'm not feeling super confident about my chances haha.

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to Corpus Christi, loved how small it was. Written work all sent off last week. One essay was on Aeschylus' Persians, and the other on Alexander the Great. Not too optimistic in my chances of getting in, predicted grades are AAA, but not sure I'll get them. Offers from Warwick (BBB), Birmingham (ABB), and Liverpool (ABB). Waiting on Manchester. 4A*s, 5As, 2Bs and a C at GCSE, hopefully that helps! We'll see if I get an interview in the next two weeks or so; here's hoping! Good luck to everyone!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I applied for Christ Church, I've also applied for Edinburgh, St Andrews, Glasgow and UCL. Last week I received an interview invitation!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aivin)
    Hey! I applied for Christ Church, I've also applied for Edinburgh, St Andrews, Glasgow and UCL. Last week I received an interview invitation!
    Already?? I'm so jealous haha. When did you submit your written work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenshuff)
    Already?? I'm so jealous haha. When did you submit your written work?
    Well I actually got an invitation before I submitted my written work.. I submitted it just a day before the deadline haha don't worry too much as almost everyone will receive an invitation

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,
    Since this is a pretty specific course I thought it might be useful to have a place where we can all talk about interview prep, written work etc.

What colleges have people applied to? And what other unis?
    i want to study archaeology too. i'm in yr 12 though. would 1A*, 4A, 4B and C be ok next year? I picked economics, physics, history and geography.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeSanchez42)
    i want to study archaeology too. i'm in yr 12 though. would 1A*, 4A, 4B and C be ok next year? I picked economics, physics, history and geography.
    If you want to apply then just do it tbh. I only got A*AABBBBBC at GCSE. I think straight archaeology might be more competitive than CAAH but if you end up with good predictions it's worth a shot in my opinion. Just work hard this year and do an EPQ if you can.

ReputationRep:
    If you want to apply then just do it tbh. I only got A*AABBBBBC at GCSE. I think straight archaeology might be more competitive than CAAH but if you end up with good predictions it's worth a shot in my opinion. Just work hard this year and do an EPQ if you can.
    oh thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to Edinburgh, Newcastle, Durham and Exeter as well as Balliol and I'm studying Modern History, English Lit, Geology and EPQ at A-level. I haven't heard anything back about interviews yet, has anybody else from Balliol?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.