Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone who has recently done BNP's AC and wouldn't mind sharing an insight?

Apart from the numerical test, they said there's going to be a case study/group exercise followed by 1 on 1 interviews...

Any tip would be extremely appreciated!

p.s This is for a Corporate Finance summer internship in London

ReputationRep:
    I did an S&T AC for BNP. Numerical - don't even bother preparing(very easy). Your case studies and group exercises are most likely different. For interviews, I think it is a gamble. I had a straightforward interviewer(Why S&T/BNP, tell me about yourself, etc). However, some of my friends had interviews where they just got spammed with brainteasers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gwagon)
    I did an S&T AC for BNP. Numerical - don't even bother preparing(very easy). Your case studies and group exercises are most likely different. For interviews, I think it is a gamble. I had a straightforward interviewer(Why S&T/BNP, tell me about yourself, etc). However, some of my friends had interviews where they just got spammed with brainteasers.
    Thank you, I had already done the AC by the time you replied and it was quite different for IBD (=Corporate finance).

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone receive an invitation for a BNP Women in Capital Markets Event where you can be fast tracked if you impress them?

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Would you mind telling me more about this, so that I can prepare? They said something about exchange rates, would that be the case study or something else?

Thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JIMBO789)
    Hi there,

Would you mind telling me more about this, so that I can prepare? They said something about exchange rates, would that be the case study or something else?

Thanks a lot!
    Nothing about exchange rates, from what I remember. Although even if there was, I imagine it would not be too hard. Just be prepared for the sales exercise. Know the basic stock evaluation ratios and how to analyse whether a certain number for a ratio is good or bad.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing about exchange rates, from what I remember. Although even if there was, I imagine it would not be too hard. Just be prepared for the sales exercise. Know the basic stock evaluation ratios and how to analyse whether a certain number for a ratio is good or bad.
    What did the sales exercise involve? Because I haven't been told about anything regarding this. And by the ratios you mean things such as Quarterly earnings to share price ratios etc.?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    What did the sales exercise involve? Because I haven't been told about anything regarding this. And by the ratios you mean things such as Quarterly earnings to share price ratios etc.?

Thanks
    It's rather simple. You have a client with some requirements and you analyse some companies based on some ratios and recommend one for them to invest. The ratios are the simple, like the ones you mentioned. Just look at the Yahoo finance page for any stock and know what the numbers mean and you're good.

ReputationRep:
    It's rather simple. You have a client with some requirements and you analyse some companies based on some ratios and recommend one for them to invest. The ratios are the simple, like the ones you mentioned. Just look at the Yahoo finance page for any stock and know what the numbers mean and you're good.
    Ah thank you so much, you are a star! That enlightens me. I wish you all the success in your employment

ReputationRep:
    I wish you all the success in your employment
    Yeah, I'm going to need that lol. My internship hunt has been going terrible. Good luck with your AC brah

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm going to need that lol. My internship hunt has been going terrible. Good luck with your AC brah
    Haha, don't worry it's the same for a lot of people including for me and my smart friends. These companies get so many applications that they have to use stupid methods to filter them such as favouring those with work experience (who get there through nepotism :O )

ReputationRep:
    Haha, don't worry it's the same for a lot of people including for me and my smart friends. These companies get so many applications that they have to use stupid methods to filter them such as favouring those with work experience (who get there through nepotism :O )
    Lol you need experience to get an internship but to get an internship you need experience *mindf*ck*

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.