Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys so this is a edit but i wanted to tell you that my french gcse has changed. My school has decided to move it to next year in year 11 meaning my gcses will be in may/June 2019 instead of 2018. I no longer qualify to be in this competition so sorry for the inconvenience. I will be enter next year's GYG though.

Again sorry for the inconvenience caused.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Please - I need this GYG thread. French is not my strong point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tate00)
    Good luck!
    Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by streetdude28)
    Please - I need this GYG thread. French is not my strong point.
    Oh it's fine. I am 'good' at it i suppose but i always am finding ways to improve. This thread will not only benefit me but other people as well hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! I did well (98% UMS) at the old spec and I'd say make all writings and speakings as original as possible (don't be afraid to make jokes, or go a little off-piste), use loads of idioms and revise especially key verbs and negative structures (as a lot of people hear the 'ne' before a verb in a listening and assume it means no, when actally what comes after could mean only or hardly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by questionofrust)
    Good luck! I did well (98% UMS) at the old spec and I'd say make all writings and speakings as original as possible (don't be afraid to make jokes, or go a little off-piste), use loads of idioms and revise especially key verbs and negative structures (as a lot of people hear the 'ne' before a verb in a listening and assume it means no, when actally what comes after could mean only or hardly.

Wow! Good Job and thanks for the advice. I think i need the luck and the advice now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophia13)
    Oh it's fine. I am 'good' at it i suppose but i always am finding ways to improve. This thread will not only benefit me but other people as well hopefully.
    Hopefully !

ReputationRep:
    I'm also in year 10 and studying french, please update us on how your exams went!

ReputationRep:
    I really hope you achieve your goals, I really respect the hard work you do and the motivation that you have
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! It would certainly be an achievement to get a 9 in year 10. Are languages something you want to pursue in the future?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    Good luck! It would certainly be an achievement to get a 9 in year 10. Are languages something you want to pursue in the future?
    I definitely have a passion for learning languages but i want to pursue medicine in the future. However, unlike other people in my year group who have higher target grades and don't care about french, i would love to communicate in french and get a grade 9. It's a personal goal of mine. Thanks for asking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaels.x)
    I really hope you achieve your goals, I really respect the hard work you do and the motivation that you have
    Thank you so much. It's lovely to have support from people.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.