Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi My name is Eman

So, I am in year 10. All in All, i will be doing 11 GCSE'S according to the new 9-1 spec. But, my school is doing an early GCSE French entry.

So, that means i will be doing my french GCSE in year 10 this april/may (date not confirmed but around that time). I am terrified. I am predicted a 7(A) but my personal goal is a 9(A*).

All subjects will be tested on the new spec this year meaning teachers across the country cannot pinpoint what u need to do to get an A*. I am adamant to getting the A* because it's my personal goal.

Join my journey as i will regularly be posting my exam results across the year, my revision techniques and hopefully my end result.
    (Thank you for reading that academic history, I know it's boring).

Current Academic info:

Predicted = A
    Goal= A*
    My first exam result will be available after this week when i go back to school. I will post it. We have tests for all subject every half term.

Side note
    I do have to juggle other subjects because maths is my biggest priority since i am not well amazing at maths and i do want to stay and do higher maths.

I know i am capable of doing Higher maths, i just need to improve my revision technique

25th october 2017

I will be posting revision material and pictures very soon. And I am on AQA French.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Please - I need this GYG thread. French is not my strong point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tate00)
    Good luck!
    Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by streetdude28)
    Please - I need this GYG thread. French is not my strong point.
    Oh it's fine. I am 'good' at it i suppose but i always am finding ways to improve. This thread will not only benefit me but other people as well hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! I did well (98% UMS) at the old spec and I'd say make all writings and speakings as original as possible (don't be afraid to make jokes, or go a little off-piste), use loads of idioms and revise especially key verbs and negative structures (as a lot of people hear the 'ne' before a verb in a listening and assume it means no, when actally what comes after could mean only or hardly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by questionofrust)
    Good luck! I did well (98% UMS) at the old spec and I'd say make all writings and speakings as original as possible (don't be afraid to make jokes, or go a little off-piste), use loads of idioms and revise especially key verbs and negative structures (as a lot of people hear the 'ne' before a verb in a listening and assume it means no, when actally what comes after could mean only or hardly.

Wow! Good Job and thanks for the advice. I think i need the luck and the advice now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophia13)
    Oh it's fine. I am 'good' at it i suppose but i always am finding ways to improve. This thread will not only benefit me but other people as well hopefully.
    Hopefully !

ReputationRep:
    I'm also in year 10 and studying french, please update us on how your exams went!

ReputationRep:
    I really hope you achieve your goals, I really respect the hard work you do and the motivation that you have
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! It would certainly be an achievement to get a 9 in year 10. Are languages something you want to pursue in the future?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    Good luck! It would certainly be an achievement to get a 9 in year 10. Are languages something you want to pursue in the future?
    I definitely have a passion for learning languages but i want to pursue medicine in the future. However, unlike other people in my year group who have higher target grades and don't care about french, i would love to communicate in french and get a grade 9. It's a personal goal of mine. Thanks for asking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaels.x)
    I really hope you achieve your goals, I really respect the hard work you do and the motivation that you have
    Thank you so much. It's lovely to have support from people.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.