Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there.

I've been having issues with my student finance application this year.
    Today I've finally found out that I'm getting a maintenance loan, and was expecting it to come with the tuition fee loan as well. My letter of entitlement shows that I'm not getting any. It knows how much my course fees are, but says I'm receiving nothing, despite having been through an appeal for it and applying for tuition fees with my SF application.

Does this mean that student finance have decided that I'm not eligible for tuition fee support for this year? I have studied before and have 2 years left of guaranteed finance. I'm now in my first of three years of another course at another institution. I understand that normally this would leave me having to pay for my first year upfront, with no finance, however due to exceptional circumstances I successfully appealed against this enabling to receive student loan. I assumed this covered tuition as well. Am I wrong?

Thanks

Stuart
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StuartR)
    Hi there.

I've been having issues with my student finance application this year.
    Today I've finally found out that I'm getting a maintenance loan, and was expecting it to come with the tuition fee loan as well. My letter of entitlement shows that I'm not getting any. It knows how much my course fees are, but says I'm receiving nothing, despite having been through an appeal for it and applying for tuition fees with my SF application.

Does this mean that student finance have decided that I'm not eligible for tuition fee support for this year? I have studied before and have 2 years left of guaranteed finance. I'm now in my first of three years of another course at another institution. I understand that normally this would leave me having to pay for my first year upfront, with no finance, however due to exceptional circumstances I successfully appealed against this enabling to receive student loan. I assumed this covered tuition as well. Am I wrong?

Thanks

Stuart
    Hi Stuart,
    If you are awarded additional years funding due to compelling personal reasons you would usually be awarded tuition fees in addition to Maintenance Loan.There maybe another reason as to why the tuition fees are not showing, I would suggest that you contact us on 0300 100 0607 and one of our advisors can discuss the situation with your tuition fees further.

Thanks

Louise

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.