Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Maebh's A Level Journey: A big step up?
    Hello!!
    Despite starting this relatively late (I should've started with the start of term!), I need the motivation right now, so welcome to my study blog!
    I've started AS Levels/the new linear A Levels, and so far, it's been a mixed bag.
    But first of all... what am i taking?
    My subjects:
    Spoiler:
    Show

English Literature (OCR)
    +English Literature is my one true passion. I love it. 'Nuff said.
    French (AQA)
    +I also love learning languages, although procrastination often gets in the way, so we'll see how this one goes...
    Classical Civilisation (OCR)
    +A subject I have never taken before, but one I now adore. So, so interesting (more later!!!)
    History (Edexcel)
    +This is my AS choice, but so far, I am loving the course and the content, although some parts are wayyyy more challenging than I anticipated.

So, those are my subjects. Now, a bit more about myself, my aspirations and a bunch of other good stuff.
    ME:
    Spoiler:
    Show

So, I've just completed the first half term of Year 12. I'm currently 16 and am attending Peter Symonds College in Winchester, a bit of a commute, but so worth it. My dream is to pursue English Literature at university (ideally Oxford, that would be the DREAM :daydreaming::daydreaming:, but I'll be blogging more about my prep for the whole application thing later. Apart from that, I'm a pretty dull person. I love writing and reading... obviously, and I hugely enjoy acting and whilst I have been part of an acting group in the past, i'm not currently which breaks my heart. I work at Waitrose (and the discount is banging) so I'll make some posts about juggling revision and work too.
    I'm finishing my DofE silver on and off (due to work), and the same with my Arts Award Bronze as well.
    And that's about all I can think of.
    I do have another blog on wordpress, which is a mix of my writing/photos/reading reviews, so if that floats your boat :headbang:, then you can find all of that good stuff here- https://pennybookblogblog.wordpress.com/

And, just for context, here are my GCSE grades:
    Spoiler:
    Show

English Lit.-9
    English Lang.-9
    Maths-9
    Drama-A*
    French-A*
    Religious Studies-A*
    History -A*
    Biology-A*
    Chemistry-A*
    Physics-A*

And in terms of my A Level subjects, our college has given us MEGs (Minimum Expected Grades). Mine are as follows:
    Spoiler:
    Show

English Lit-A/A*
    French-A/A*
    Classical Civ-A/A*
    and for my AS choice
    History-A

That's about all for now (I don't want to bombard you with too much information, but I feel as if I have :/
    Anyways, thanks for reading, and...
    Question of the day: What subjects are you taking, and how are you finding them?
    Feel free to ask me questions about anything (I mean it, I am open to everything)
    and i'll catch you all next time.
    Big love,
    Maebh x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.