The Student Room Group

If the requirement is AAA and i get A*A*b have i met the entry requirement ?

Hi everyone,
I was wondering about university offer requirements , if the entry requirement is AAA and I am predicted A*A*B have I met the entry requirement, despite one of my grades being below the entry requirement ?
Original post by MonkeyUSB
Hi everyone,
I was wondering about university offer requirements , if the entry requirement is AAA and I am predicted A*A*B have I met the entry requirement, despite one of my grades being below the entry requirement ?

Depends on the offer. Sometimes they ask you to get a minimum "A" in Subject 1 and "A" in Subject 2. If you get a "B" in Subject 1 and an "A*" in Subject 2 and Subject 3, despite getting better overall grades than asked for, you are still not meeting the offer, as they asked for a minimum of "A" Subject 1 (which you didn't get).

So if it is points based, then yes, you have a higher equivalent than AAA, however if they ask for specific grades for certain topics, then it depends if you got those grades specifically.
Original post by MonkeyUSB
Hi everyone,

Automatically, no you don't. You needed 3 A's minimum. But they may well still take you because of your 2A*'s, so ask them.
No.

They want consistent ability/achievement across 3 subjects. You havnt got that.
If it was a points offer this wouldnt be a problem, but it is specifically a grade offer.

Some Unis (and only for certain subjects) may tolerate this on Results Day (depending on how many places they are trying to fill with near-misses) but they/you wont know this until Results Day and its its fallout actually happens.

So its a risky choice. Just make sure all you other choices - and your Insurance choice - are more realistic.
Reply 4
No

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending