Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Failed driving test yesterday and faced with the new test. Watch

ReputationRep:
    In my experience driving (around nine years since I passed my test at 17) I can say for sure that reverse around the corner and turn in the road are my two least used manoeuvres, with bay and parallel parking being far more common so I can understand why they have been removed from the test.

You are so close, but don't be too worried about the new test. The new manoeuvres you will pick up very quickly and the extended independent driving section just gives you more time to imagine you don't even have an examiner with you and show how you just drive safely. .

Good luck on getting a cancellation!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chunkalina)
    I've been driving for nearly two years and yesterday failed my fifth test with one major and one minor. I can't get a test until December the 8th and I feel exactly the same as you. I'm also kicking myself because my major thing was so stupid and never something I usually do when driving! I was scared to sign or pay for one of the cancellation checkers online because it requires a lot of your personal details!! I'm still not sure whether to or not... Hope you're ok, I know exactly how you're feeling.

It's so annoying when you mess up. For me, it was the corner reverse which has always been my strongest maneuver.

To look for cancellations, I recommend: https://www.driving-test-cancellations-4all.co.uk

A lot of December dates popped up when I'm looking for November. But the service is top class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paulington)
    In my experience driving (around nine years since I passed my test at 17) I can say for sure that reverse around the corner and turn in the road are my two least used manoeuvres, with bay and parallel parking being far more common so I can understand why they have been removed from the test.

You are so close, but don't be too worried about the new test. The new manoeuvres you will pick up very quickly and the extended independent driving section just gives you more time to imagine you don't even have an examiner with you and show how you just drive safely. .

Good luck on getting a cancellation!
    Hi, thank you for your reassurance. I guess I'm just getting myself worked up over nothing. Maybe. 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smileygal)
    It's so annoying when you mess up. For me, it was the corner reverse which has always been my strongest maneuver.

To look for cancellations, I recommend: https://www.driving-test-cancellations-4all.co.uk

A lot of December dates popped up when I'm looking for November. But the service is top class.
    Thanks, and good luck! I really hope we both manage to get tests for November!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chunkalina)
    Thanks, and good luck! I really hope we both manage to get tests for November!!!!
    Good luck to you too! Hopefully we will. If not, maybe the new test won't be too bad...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smileygal)
    Good luck to you too! Hopefully we will. If not, maybe the new test won't be too bad...
    Spoiler:
    Show

I just don't understand when you will ever reverse two car lengths on the right side of the road???:confused:
    Hmm, driving independently for 20 minutes doesn't seem too bad, but then I guess you have more chance of driving further away.
    I keep checking but no cancellations yet...

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Chunkalina;74308394]
    Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show

I know! That maneuver doesn't make any sense at all. I got a few cancellations but they're in late December, and that's no good.

[/

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 29, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.