Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I just got an interview invitation from Imperial yesterday and will be going on to visit the campus in early December. I know that for Human Sciences universities tend to value personal statement quite a lot because it is also a piece of written work, but I am just wondering if the tutors will refer to the personal statement during an Imperial sciency interview? Also I heard in Oxford they don’t really look at the personal statement so is it sort of the same in the case of Imperial though?

I honestly feel that my PS is quite dull and ridiculous and I will be more screwed if they actually ask about something in it.

Anyone who could take some time to answer my doubts will be very much appreciated!! Apologies for my broken English

ReputationRep:
    I was turned down last year, but I think I'm replying this year. They didn't even mention my personal statement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TiernanW)
    I was turned down last year, but I think I'm replying this year. They didn't even mention my personal statement.
    Alright!
    Thank you and good luck to your interview

ReputationRep:
    It will really depend on your individual interviewers - during my interview last year I was only asked one question about my personal statement however I know some people where half the interview was based on it. Conversely, I also know some people where it wasn't mentioned at all. Sorry I couldn't be more help, good luck with your interview!

ReputationRep:
    It does depend on the interviewers... I've just had mine two days ago and they didn't actually ask anything bout my ps, but my frd got all the interview based on it
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.