Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I started sixth form in September and I'm finding it seriously dull. I enjoy biology a lot which is what i'd like to study at uni one day but all my other subjects are either boring or impossible to keep up with. i'm also taking chemistry, geography and spanish. these subjects used to be my favorites back in GCSE but now i just cant find the motivation to keep up. any tips?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jade0106)
    I started sixth form in September and I'm finding it seriously dull. I enjoy biology a lot which is what i'd like to study at uni one day but all my other subjects are either boring or impossible to keep up with. i'm also taking chemistry, geography and spanish. these subjects used to be my favorites back in GCSE but now i just cant find the motivation to keep up. any tips?
    It usually helps to have an end goal, something to look forward to after A Levels. Set yourself a target. That's what I do.

ReputationRep:
    Try going to some university open days.
    I didn't feel motivated last year and i did that and it worked.
    Like you'll feel the vibes and excitement and will be motivated to go to uni and work harder in your subjects.

ReputationRep:
    Keep your goal in mind! Whether it's studying Biology at uni, the career afterwards, or even just leading a successful life after education, it's important to keep visualising where your hard work will get you.

Starting now, set small and specific goals each week for each of your subjects. For example: 'write up my notes from Biology last week on Thursday'. If you set a small goal and force yourself to start working on it, you may find yourself naturally completing more work that your initial goal stated. After doing this for a few weeks, it'll just become habit and something you actually enjoy doing.

I was in the same boat as you last year, but didn't pick up proper motivation to do well after Christmas. These are what I did (and still do) to keep my spirits up, and the small goals thing especially works well when I need a break but don't want to stop working.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.