Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Adrian Jones a Bill Plant instructor failed to complete my course of lessons despite them being paid for. He didn't give a refund.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by PiersPressure)
    Adrian Jones a Bill Plant instructor failed to complete my course of lessons despite them being paid for. He didn't give a refund.
    Why didn't he give you all the lessons you paid for? There's two sides to every story, and slating an instructor without an explanation isn't really acceptable.

ReputationRep:
    I used Bill Plant in Derbyshire and would thoroughly recommend the instructor I had.

You shouldn't criticise a whole company because of one instructor.

As for your instructor have you contacted him and asked about this? Have you had a response?

ReputationRep:
    He was unreliable from the start but then failed to get back to me about my remaining lessons so I then went to the agency that put me in touch with him and they provided a full refund i then requested a refund of half the money I had paid him as I had completely half of the course of lessons he never got back to me it's been 3 months now and still nothing despite trying to contact him through Bill Plant, The agency and directly to him I wish I could give an explanation but i am as in the dark as any one else as he never explained his reasons he just did it and I'm out of pocket because of it

ReputationRep:
    He was unreliable from the start but then failed to get back to me about my remaining lessons so I then went to the agency that put me in touch with him and they provided a full refund i then requested a refund of half the money I had paid him as I had completely half of the course of lessons he never got back to me it's been 3 months now and still nothing despite trying to contact him through Bill Plant, The agency and directly to him I wish I could give an explanation but i am as in the dark as any one else as he never explained his reasons he just did it and I'm out of pocket because of it
    You got a full refund from the companh though??
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    As above, you got a full refund.. what are you complaining about?!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I got a refund of the deposit from the agency but I had to pay him for a block of 20 hours £400 I completed half and the lessons so requested a refund of £200 which he hasn't given me and haven't heard from him since. I put this out there so hopefully no one else loses out through something similar

ReputationRep:
    We have had the same. Why are people criticising you for warning people about him? Its clearly stated his name and its clear to most you are not slating Bill Plant.He currently owes my wife nearly 350 for lessons which he never provided. Bill Plant he is no longer with. The guy was terrible when he provided the previous lessons. never on time, 40 minute lessons not a full hour, ever. Terrible at communication to arrange lessons. Currently have reported him to action fraud (I would do this too and you can link the action fraud reports), Small claims court and reported him to the DVSA.People like this should be able to do this but they are allowed to.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by MattGall71)
    We have had the same. Why are people criticising you for warning people about him? Its clearly stated his name and its clear to most you are not slating Bill Plant.He currently owes my wife nearly 350 for lessons which he never provided. Bill Plant he is no longer with. The guy was terrible when he provided the previous lessons. never on time, 40 minute lessons not a full hour, ever. Terrible at communication to arrange lessons. Currently have reported him to action fraud (I would do this too and you can link the action fraud reports), Small claims court and reported him to the DVSA.People like this should be able to do this but they are allowed to.
    Why slate an entire company over one instructor that you've stated doesn't belong to the company any longer...?

ReputationRep:
    So much lul with this but I'll entertain.

1) I passed with Bill Plant. I had two of their instructors, the first was a waste of space that rear-ended a car in my first lesson by trying to lazily correct my parking from the passenger seat and I'm glad he was, the 2nd had far more experience, passed me first time of asking (2nd overall, but first with him) and had links to my best friend's family, where he passed the eldest daughter and taught the instructor that now teaches my best friend (younger daughter).

2) Bill Plant's instructors are just like any other. The franchise just provides them with somewhat better working conditions from a financial perspective, makes their life easier and gives them nice cars to teach in. Other than that, they are just like any other instructor. So what I'm trying to explain to you is by you slating a driving school, you're basically generalising instructors as a whole lol.

3) Why would you ever give a stranger money for a block of lessons? Even though I trusted my instructor (Lawrence) from the beginning, especially since I had people that knew him personally; I never paid him for a block of more than 2 hours at a time; and that was purely because some lessons I didn't have change for a 50 lol.

4) You can tell within a few lessons when an instructor sucks, with Kiran (my first instructor) - I think we only did two; and one of them was the free one. It's down to you to take action, not say "Hey I'll just give them 3 figures and then cry when it all goes terrible wrong".

5) Whilst they won't come after you, slating the entire company because of one franchisee is slander by the way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWMTom)
    Why didn't he give you all the lessons you paid for? There's two sides to every story, and slating an instructor without an explanation isn't really acceptable.
    He owed and didn't give the money back, whatever reason he didn't pay back is a moot point. He owes it and should pay. simple.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    He owed and didn't give the money back, whatever reason he didn't pay back is a moot point. He owes it and should pay. simple.
    Does he? What's the cancellation policy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nevershear)
    So much lul with this but I'll entertain.

1) I passed with Bill Plant. I had two of their instructors, the first was a waste of space that rear-ended a car in my first lesson by trying to lazily correct my parking from the passenger seat and I'm glad he was, the 2nd had far more experience, passed me first time of asking (2nd overall, but first with him) and had links to my best friend's family, where he passed the eldest daughter and taught the instructor that now teaches my best friend (younger daughter).

2) Bill Plant's instructors are just like any other. The franchise just provides them with somewhat better working conditions from a financial perspective, makes their life easier and gives them nice cars to teach in. Other than that, they are just like any other instructor. So what I'm trying to explain to you is by you slating a driving school, you're basically generalising instructors as a whole lol.

3) Why would you ever give a stranger money for a block of lessons? Even though I trusted my instructor (Lawrence) from the beginning, especially since I had people that knew him personally; I never paid him for a block of more than 2 hours at a time; and that was purely because some lessons I didn't have change for a 50 lol.

4) You can tell within a few lessons when an instructor sucks, with Kiran (my first instructor) - I think we only did two; and one of them was the free one. It's down to you to take action, not say "Hey I'll just give them 3 figures and then cry when it all goes terrible wrong".

5) Whilst they won't come after you, slating the entire company because of one franchisee is slander by the way.
    The OP nor I slated bill Plant. Adrian Jones has been mentioned so as to hopefully warn others.
    Ive called and spoke to Bill Plant and they had, before he quit, had numerous complaints about him. He was the instructor chosen by the agency that we went through, some thought it was best to continue with someone my wife knew. Don't think its a crime to give someone the benefit of the doubt. Paying for blocks of 10 or more can give you a lower price per lesson. Further more he maintained that he was still a bill Plant Instructor which we had no reason to disbelieve. It was only after contacting Bill Plant that they informed us he was no longer with them and in fact didn't actually have a car.
    As an update. he was sent a letter giving him 10 day to pay or small claims court and detailing the extra cost this action would incur. he ignored until 1 day after dead line (he was informed on deadline day that action would be instigated the following day if not paid in full).
    Now there is a small claims case to him.
    In all the correspondence you can clearly see that he keeps getting his stories (excuses) confused. I mean if your going to lie at least trie to remember what lies you have told.

Im quite unsure why people seem to be wanting to defend this guy. Lessons are not cheap, for some its a lot out of their budget and they work extra hours to pay for something to improve their lives, why should this guy be defended for not providing what he was paid to do and not returning their hard earned cash?

ReputationRep:
    Does he? What's the cancellation policy?
    I still fail to see why your so keen to defend a rip off merchant.
    From what I can see with the OP he failed to provide the lessons paid for as he did with us. so if he is breaking the agreement then he is liable for the refund.
    You seem to think its fine for this guy to not provide the service he has paid for.

I do agree that the title of the discussion should be changed to his name and not Bill Plant.

ReputationRep:
    The OP nor I slated bill Plant. Adrian Jones has been mentioned so as to hopefully warn others.
    Ive called and spoke to Bill Plant and they had, before he quit, had numerous complaints about him. He was the instructor chosen by the agency that we went through, some thought it was best to continue with someone my wife knew. Don't think its a crime to give someone the benefit of the doubt. Paying for blocks of 10 or more can give you a lower price per lesson. Further more he maintained that he was still a bill Plant Instructor which we had no reason to disbelieve. It was only after contacting Bill Plant that they informed us he was no longer with them and in fact didn't actually have a car.
    As an update. he was sent a letter giving him 10 day to pay or small claims court and detailing the extra cost this action would incur. he ignored until 1 day after dead line (he was informed on deadline day that action would be instigated the following day if not paid in full).
    Now there is a small claims case to him.
    In all the correspondence you can clearly see that he keeps getting his stories (excuses) confused. I mean if your going to lie at least trie to remember what lies you have told.

Im quite unsure why people seem to be wanting to defend this guy. Lessons are not cheap, for some its a lot out of their budget and they work extra hours to pay for something to improve their lives, why should this guy be defended for not providing what he was paid to do and not returning their hard earned cash?
    No-one's defending him, I just think it's ridiculous people continue to pay for lessons in blocks then inevitably get ripped off because very rarely does a good instructor ask to be paid in blocks, they'll accept it, but they generally don't ask because why pay for something you haven't had without a contract? Insanity. Also you had several bad lessons and at no point thought "Hm I should probably save my money and bailout from this". The OP blamed the school in the title, and then you decided to gravedig the topic so admittedly, you appeared to be the OP and Tom probably thought the same, this is also btw why you make your own threads and don't piggyback.

ReputationRep:
    No-one's defending him, I just think it's ridiculous people continue to pay for lessons in blocks then inevitably get ripped off because very rarely does a good instructor ask to be paid in blocks, they'll accept it, but they generally don't ask because why pay for something you haven't had without a contract? Insanity. Also you had several bad lessons and at no point thought "Hm I should probably save my money and bailout from this". The OP blamed the school in the title, and then you decided to gravedig the topic so admittedly, you appeared to be the OP and Tom probably thought the same, this is also btw why you make your own threads and don't piggyback.
    Sorry but thats complete BS! LOL you seem to think this is common place? No it isn't. this is a pretty rare occurrence. at the age of 47 im not stupid or gullible and have a pretty view on the world. you seem to be condescending and seriously just replying and trolling for the sake of it. this guy has ripped people off, end of, stop condoning it. you don't sign a bloody contract with a driving instructor. You seem to think you know it all and are a wise grand master of the fountain of all knowledge. You are not. Your input to this thread has been trolling from the start. I will leave you to it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    im not stupid
    Your not. your input to this thread
    You're*

nevershear

ReputationRep:
    You're*

nevershear
    I like the fact you corrected him as though that sentence will now magically make sense to me

E: Oh wait now I get it, he's also on sick leave according to the end of his post, may he get well soon

ReputationRep:
    I like the fact you corrected him as though that sentence will now magically make sense to me

E: Oh wait now I get it, he's also on sick leave according to the end of his post, may he get well soon
    Just a question, do you practise being an ass or is it just sheer natural talent
    As to grave digging the thread oh so sorry for looking to see if this guy had previous, not permitted in your book I take it.

"E: Oh wait now I get it, he's also on sick leave according to the end of his post, may he get well soon what? No I am on whats called Chomage after a 5 year placement as staff at CERN, is this ok with you?
    Just wondered if all your reputation points are for trolling because you are very good at it. Suppose I should of expected keyboard warriors such as yourselves on this site.
    Your superior acting behaviour to be honest is pretty laughable. You attempt to ridicule people for bringing to attention a ripoff merchant so hopefully to prevent his antics being repeated and someone else suffering the consequences. In my eyes you are as bad. Get a life boys, I think you probably need to get out of your homes more often and remove the keyboard from your hands at least once a day.
    enjoy your trolling.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Just a question, do you practise being an ass or is it just sheer natural talent
    As to grave digging the thread oh so sorry for looking to see if this guy had previous, not permitted in your book I take it.

"E: Oh wait now I get it, he's also on sick leave according to the end of his post, may he get well soon what? No I am on whats called Chomage after a 5 year placement as staff at CERN, is this ok with you?
    Just wondered if all your reputation points are for trolling because you are very good at it. Suppose I should of expected keyboard warriors such as yourselves on this site.
    Your superior acting behaviour to be honest is pretty laughable. You attempt to ridicule people for bringing to attention a ripoff merchant so hopefully to prevent his antics being repeated and someone else suffering the consequences. In my eyes you are as bad. Get a life boys, I think you probably need to get out of your homes more often and remove the keyboard from your hands at least once a day.
    enjoy your trolling.
    Thanks for your input :love:

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.