The Student Room Group

Broke up with her her. Think I made a mistake?

I broke up with her. After she left it immediately hit me what I had done. I messaged her 4 times in 24 hrs (still venting). She ignored 3 of my messages. She responded to my 4th message the next day saying she loves me but that I need counseling. I responded to that but she ignored that too. I sent her another message later that evening and she ignored it. About a week later I sent her a message saying this is hard for me. She replied back it’s hard for me too. That was days ago.

Does it seem like she’s kind of over it?
Reply 1
Original post by dannmann92
I broke up with her. After she left it immediately hit me what I had done. I messaged her 4 times in 24 hrs (still venting). She ignored 3 of my messages. She responded to my 4th message the next day saying she loves me but that I need counseling. I responded to that but she ignored that too. I sent her another message later that evening and she ignored it. About a week later I sent her a message saying this is hard for me. She replied back it’s hard for me too. That was days ago.

Does it seem like she’s kind of over it?

Why did you break up with her anyway? What was the reason? How long were you together for?
From the information given it seems like she is in the process of getting over it.
Are you able to comment on the relationship and the reason you decided to break up with her? It would also be useful to know how you broke up with her. At the moment, it is quite hard to say how she feels. Have you talked to her since she told you things were hard for her?
Reply 3
Original post by cheesecakelove
Are you able to comment on the relationship and the reason you decided to break up with her? It would also be useful to know how you broke up with her. At the moment, it is quite hard to say how she feels. Have you talked to her since she told you things were hard for her?

We kept arguing. She said that I don’t see it, but I’m damaged from my previous relationships where I was cheated on so according to her that’s why I nitpick, start arguments all the time, and don’t trust her so she’s paying for their mistakes. She said we could go to counseling together. I stopped her and
Told her I was doing her a disservice by letting her come over to speak and that I was happy and had mentally moved on from the relationship. She said okay, grabbed her keys then walked out.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by cheesecakelove

And no we haven’t talked since then.
Original post by dannmann92
We kept arguing. She said that I don’t see it, but I’m damaged from my previous relationships where I was cheated on so according to her that’s why I nitpick, start arguments all the time, and don’t trust her so she’s paying for their mistakes. She said we could go to counseling together. I stopped her and
Told her I was doing her a disservice by letting her come over to speak and that I was happy and had mentally moved on from the relationship. She said okay, grabbed her keys then walked out.

Do you think there is any truth in what she said? She did offer to go to counselling with you, which suggests that she still cares for you, despite how she feels about everything else.

If you are serious about wanting her back, you do need to have a talk. Tell her how you honestly feel, and keep calm. Don't say things just to hurt her. Maybe meet some neutral and talk things through to work out what the way forward is. I don't know if your ex wants to get back with you or not, but you have no chance if you don't discuss the problems and be truthful to each other.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending