Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am making a very simple html / php page where you enter your username,age, age group and password, and I'm having trouble actually making it so when you press 'Sign up', it saves the entered data into a text file where I can view. I'm also a bit confused on where to put the code.

Here's what my code looks like;

<HTML> <head> <title>Signup</title> <font size="6" face="Garamond"> <center><h1><u>Signup</u></h1></center> </head> <blockquote>Please signup and create an account!</blockquote> </font> <body> <b><u>Question 1</u></b> <form action="thankyou.html" method="post"><br> Name: <input type="text" name="name"> <br> Age: <input type="text" age="age"> <br> Year Group: <br> 11-13 <input type="radio" name="age group" value="11-13"> <br> 14-16<input type="radio" name="age group" value="14-16"> <br> 17-19 <input type="radio" name="age group" value="17-19"> <br> 20+ <input type="radio" name="age group" value="20+"> <br> Password: <input type="Password" password="password"> <br> <button>Sign up</button> </form> </HTML>

When pressing the 'Sign up' button, it leads you to another page saying 'Thank you!'

Any help is appreciated.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.