ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Questions1729)
    Do you agree?
    Aha no
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Think of it this way.

Let us say that a foetus is always human throughout.
    Now let's consider every situation where abortions occur.
    If we give the foetus and the mother equal weight as humans and neither's life is worth more than the others. My question would abortion still be morally right in this instance ?
    But foetuses aren't human throughout. Humans have an acute sense of consciousness and awareness of their surroundings. Does an early foetus have that? No. Imo the woman's life is more important. Even if they were equal, the question of if it were morally right has no input because ultimately it's still the woman's choice. If a woman has come to the decision of an abortion then why should anyone have the right to stop her? It's not exactly a quick snap decision.

ReputationRep:
    Just waiting for the usuals to show up. I see one already has.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    This again? Is it a monthly thing or something?
    People have different views on when life starts and there are different circumstances that may lead to an abortion. People have the right to choose for themselves if they want to do it within a certain parameter. What we have now is fine. Nobody is forcing anybody to get abortions and it isn't anyone's business if somebody else is getting one.
    Only thing I will note is people shouldn't be able to just say "I want an abortion" and pop it's done. There should be a full explanation and at least one counselling session to ensure that is what they want to do (I think that's pretty much what is done now). Also, although the choice ultimately has to be the woman's the man has to be considered and deserves access to support should he want it.

Oh and I believe what OP meant by "to be made illegal" wasn't that it is being made illegal, but that it should be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salt Queen)
    Lmfao well spoken. Regurgitating something because it's socially acceptable and has political correctness without being intellectual is not being well spoken. Boy bye.
    Yes, well spoken. If you don't like my opinion then fine, but don't tell me it's not my opinion because it sounds "socially acceptable". I'm far from being "politically correct" but this is my stance on the matter. Why do you even care so much? Haven't you got anything better to do than berate teenagers online for having their own opinion?

Also, you've referred to me as male twice on this thread. A quick glance at my user info when I post would show you otherwise.

Bye Salt Queen, have a nice life
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Your analogy is incorrect because we humans, most of us, won't consider a chicken or an egg to be significant compared to human life. Surely as humans it is incorrect to assume a point where a foetus becomes human.

What point determines the humanisation of a foetus ?
    Missing the point. You wouldn't call what's inside an egg i.e. an undeveloped chick, a chicken... so why would you call an undeveloped baby a human?

ReputationRep:
    Don't you think I know that. Anyway it's true. He is saying it for reps. It's kind of like that person in the group or the kid in class who just says things that everyone else says. How can that not annoy you? Who says things purposelessly?
    Or maybe... Just maybe... They have an opinion that is shared by plenty of others (I know! It's a huge shocker; mind blowing - very difficult to comprehend)

It is widely agreed that everyone should have their right to their own body, including if they want to be pregnant or not.

Considering you also have more rep than they do, it's a bit rich for you to be stating they are only after rep because they stated their opinion which is common with a lot of others.

Big whoop :P

ReputationRep:
    Here's my question to you...

You're in an abortion clinic, when suddenly, a fire goes off. You hear a cry and you run into a room; there is a small child crying, next to a box full of embryos. You can only save one. Which would you save and why?

ReputationRep:
    what is the lesser of two evils ? Losing a fetus or losing the women because she went through with an abortion in an unsterile environment?

This is my masters right here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoritoEvie)
    Here's my question to you...

You're in an abortion clinic, when suddenly, a fire goes off. You hear a cry and you run into a room; there is a small child crying, next to a box full of embryos. You can only save one. Which would you save and why?
    Lol do u study philosophical bioethics ?

ReputationRep:
    People make their own choices. If a woman wants to make the decision to kill a human being that is made up of her genetic material than that is her choice and weighs on her conscience. Obviously that corporate job is too important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMEGGGY)
    Depending on circumstances, it should be a joint decision for male & female. (not just woman)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If the male wants to keep it and the woman wants to abort it, what happens then? Cut off the limbs but leave the head and torso intact?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    No, no it's not.

ReputationRep:
    No it shouldn't be illegal. The country is already overpopulated and we don't need more unwanted children draining the system.

ReputationRep:
    Just keep it as it is; legal up till 24 weeks and not afterwards, unless life is at risk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supernova91)
    what is the lesser of two evils ? Losing a fetus or losing the women because she went through with an abortion in an unsterile environment?

This is my masters right here
    This is your masters? Jesus no wonder you are a crazy mistress.

ReputationRep:
    What if a woman was raped and then became pregnant because of it. What if the woman had a condition that if she gave birth, she would die. While I don't agree with ending the life of an unborn child before they're born for no reason, there are things that should be taken into consideration instead of making it completely illegal

I personally think that abortion should be made illegal, apart from in the case of rape and incest. But what really bothers me is that pro-choice activists use that to say that abortion is right the whole way through; I mean rape/incest literally count for 1% of cases in the USA and the UK so you can't use that to say that abortion as a whole is a good thing. I personally believe that life begins at conception; just because something is developing, doesn't mean you completely disregard it... that would be ridiculous.

The mother's life is important, but so is the baby's! Those who support abortion in most or all circumstances have already been born. Imagine being denied life because "times are hard". Of course, I'm sympathetic to families who have low incomes (I was born and raised in one so I know) but 1.) I don't want to sound harsh but why have it in the first place if you know that there would be financial difficulties (yes I know contraception can break but that accounts for about 1%) and 2.) sacrificing a life because of it; I just couldn't imagine doing it.

feel free to try to change my mind, but I doubt that there are any compelling arguments on the other side that I couldn't argue against.

ReputationRep:
    Just give it to someone else!! your nor my silly fears of being in labour is not worth a life. No one is making you keep the child, just deliver it and get out.
    I take it you are either devoid of empathy or have never given birth?

ReputationRep:
    to be honest I think that abortion is such a huge debate because we are not an entirely peculiar society yet, and people with power are most of the time men. So we say that abortion is killing a human being when in reality that "human being" can't do anything (it's got no mind, feelings, opinions..) or people will say god created life only him can take it away... and then men dont know what it can feel like to be pregnant and to have the responsibility over a baby/human life. . and maybe their pregnancy was not wanted, maybe she was raped or maybe she just regrets that decision. in any case she should be free to decide for her body and the future life because I am convinced it is better to abort than to educate a child badly without love.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.