Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are your biggest fears? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    :facepalm: Sorry I'm being really slow with you. I did find it an oddly specific number of steps to take, I thought it was some weird weight loss thing My bad!

Yeah, that's what bugs me about diabetes, like how people without it just eat and that's it no worries and eating is such a necessary part of daily life. That really sucks you have to do all that just to have a frappe! I feel so bad for you I'm sorry. :hugs: How old are you? Are you at university or anything? I met a guy with type 1 diabetes during my first semester a couple of years ago (he drank a lot of diet coke!) at a society meeting so if you're not at university yet you might yet be able to make a diabetic friend through uni.

Thanks for the tip. I'll measure it Sunday and note everything down. I'm seeing my doctor in a little over a week so I will talk to him then.
    No lmao it's totally my fault for not being clear. If I literally took that many steps I would've just damaged myself!

Honestly, having diabetes is not that bad unless you're me and you have no self control. I can't control myself from eating junk and i am just so tired of everything that I don't take insulin. I take morning and night only most of the time when I'm supposed to take it 4 times. My health has gone to shambles and I know it would be so much better if I got myself together. It's been so long and I simply cannot do it right. A bit embarrassing tbh. Nope, retaking a year at college so uni is like less than 2 years. 17. How old are you?

You're welcome. ah, that's great. Really hope he helps you!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emerald777O)
    No lmao it's totally my fault for not being clear. If I literally took that many steps I would've just damaged myself!

Honestly, having diabetes is not that bad unless you're me and you have no self control. I can't control myself from eating junk and i am just so tired of everything that I don't take insulin. I take morning and night only most of the time when I'm supposed to take it 4 times. My health has gone to shambles and I know it would be so much better if I got myself together. It's been so long and I simply cannot do it right. A bit embarrassing tbh. Nope, retaking a year at college so uni is like less than 2 years. 17. How old are you?

You're welcome. ah, that's great. Really hope he helps you!
    I'm a bit older - 20's and have a job. I hope you're able to meet some other people with diabetes at uni when you get there. I have a mental health diagnosis and know how important and helpful it is to have people who understand and support you with your health condition. My best friend had depression so we had an unspoken understanding of each other a lot of the time. I think if you had other people around you with diabetes you might find it easier to manage (sorry if that sounds patronizing just going from my MH experience), I would think universities would probably have support groups and stuff like that for students in that situation. Thank you for your help and understanding, I really do hope you're able to get a better control of your condition too. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I'm a bit older - 20's and have a job. I hope you're able to meet some other people with diabetes at uni when you get there. I have a mental health diagnosis and know how important and helpful it is to have people who understand and support you with your health condition. My best friend had depression so we had an unspoken understanding of each other a lot of the time. I think if you had other people around you with diabetes you might find it easier to manage (sorry if that sounds patronizing just going from my MH experience), I would think universities would probably have support groups and stuff like that for students in that situation. Thank you for your help and understanding, I really do hope you're able to get a better control of your condition too. :hugs:
    Nice speaking with you, and you're absolutely welcome. If you want to know more then you can always just ask me about it! Thank you also v much

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.