Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I hate university Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madmadmax321)
    You should of stood your ground by applying to surrey anyway.

'I'm not doing a shared house with people I dont know' - people do house shares with people they dont know all the time, hell you do halls with people you dont know. So you CHOSE not to go to surrey then as you didnt want a house share not because there wasnt any accommodation left.

You had already re took the year? So what? You'd of been 20 when you went to uni instead of 19, its not a big deal and then you would of ended up at a uni you think you would of loved instead.

Just accept the reason that you're not at surrey is because you chose not to go in the end (gap year, house share were both possible means of going) and live with the decisions you made. Try and make the best out of what situation you are in now at brunel, feeling sorry for yourself wont help you.

Or try for a uni transfer, you will need get it sorted before the ucas deadline though
    Sharing accomadation and sharing a house is completly different, and i didnt choise not go in the end or i wouldnt have asked for help on here in the first place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    You have got to stop blaming teachers. How does blaming them solve anything anyway? They may have offered strong advise but short of pointing a gun at your head, they didn't make you do anything.

So move on. The question, is what are you going to do about your current situation? To me you have two options. You can make the best of things with a good attitude or you can drop out. But I would strongly advise that if you drop out, you need to put in place a plan B e.g. job, alternative course etc etc.

But stop blaming others for where you are in life. Your life is accountable only to you unless you have a gun pointed at your head.
    You went there so don’t say my teachers arnt to blame because they are, and my parent arnt letting me drop out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life18)
    You went there so don’t say my teachers arnt to blame because they are, and my parent arnt letting me drop out
    Suck it up kid. You can't change what's been done. Stop whinging and go sort out your life and find out where you can go from here. One door closes, another one opens.

ReputationRep:
    You have completely missed my point. Looks like your only option is to blame everyone else for your predicament. I am sure that will solve everything for you.

I tried to help but I'm afraid your attitude sucks.

ReputationRep:
    Stomping your feet and shouting it's not fair won't solve your problem. Others have given you fantastic advice on your options, so fix it or suck it up buttercup.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellisha2101)
    Stomping your feet and shouting it's not fair won't solve your problem. Others have given you fantastic advice on your options, so fix it or suck it up buttercup.
    I'm not stomping on my feet or shouting am I, so don't stir, and I am thanking people for their advice if your not reading

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    You have completely missed my point. Looks like your only option is to blame everyone else for your predicament. I am sure that will solve everything for you.

I tried to help but I'm afraid your attitude sucks.
    And I have thanked you for your advice, but I am blaming them for a reason, and don't say my attitude suck if you don't know what its like to be in my position, and how is defending my teachers help? Maybe you need to change your attitude when giving advice

ReputationRep:
    And I have thanked you for your advice, but I am blaming them for a reason, and don't say my attitude suck if you don't know what its like to be in my position, and how is defending my teachers help? Maybe you need to change your attitude when giving advice
    Perhaps you should just stop reading this thread now, you have been given some decent advice and it is clear that most people here think you could of done something about your situation before it got to this point but instead you just came up with excuse after excuse which all had solutions

ReputationRep:
    I know you're going to disagree with me, but you were not forced to apply to the universities you did. You are the one who enters it into UCAS and you are the one who presses that send button. Your teachers can advise you, but it is your choice as to where you apply.

Okay, so you hate the university you're at. Either transfer to another university or drop out and reapply later on. Or, you could stay and power through, get your degree and then move on. It won't last forever.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not defending your teachers. I'm sure their advice sucked. But you will never move forward in life if you are blaming others for your predicament. You may not know it yet but you are in full control. If you make poor decisions based on bad advice you are just going to have to suck it up.

I will tell you for free that any university or employer will take a very dim view of you if you start blaming others for the poor choices you have made. The teachers didn't make you accept the offer. You did. You signed the form. You are the reason you are at Brunnel.

However feel free to lock yourself in a room and cry about it. You will quickly discover it achieves nothing.

I sincerely hope you find peace of mind sooner than later so you can move forward in your life making good decisions. You are learning a tough lesson in life right now. Learn from it.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest if people were predicted a higher grade , it mrans they had the potential for it. If thry had high offers and achieved them even though the year before they had Ds, then brilliant for them. Have you looked into transfers ?But as everyone is saying, you need to put yourself in a different mindset! Obviously its awful for you not to br happy, but have you really tried ? Stop thinking about school and your old teachers and just focus on this opportunity you have x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stuckinamaze)
    To be honest if people were predicted a higher grade , it mrans they had the potential for it. If thry had high offers and achieved them even though the year before they had Ds, then brilliant for them. Have you looked into transfers ?But as everyone is saying, you need to put yourself in a different mindset! Obviously its awful for you not to br happy, but have you really tried ? Stop thinking about school and your old teachers and just focus on this opportunity you have x

I have tried that thanks for the asvice but ive arranged to speak to my personal tutor when she comes back into office on thursday

ReputationRep:
    and my parent arnt letting me drop out

You're an adult not a child. It is nothing to do with your parents if you drop out or your teachers where you ended up.It's passive agressive to blame everyone else for something that was your choice.

ReputationRep:

I have tried that thanks for the asvice but ive arranged to speak to my personal tutor when she comes back into office on thursday
    Quick question - have you actually been to Surrey, and what exactly is it that you think you will like more about it?

Sure, Uxbridge isn't exactly the centre of the universe - but neither is Guildford. Academically, except for the vet school it's not as if Surrey is parsecs ahead of Brunel.

Is it the people? The location, the geography?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dragonfly587)
    and my parent arnt letting me drop out

You're an adult not a child. It is nothing to do with your parents if you drop out or your teachers where you ended up.It's passive agressive to blame everyone else for something that was your choice.
    Don’t call me passive aggressive if you wern’t there when I sent my ucas, and brunel was never my choice, and I never said im blaming my parents but I cant just drop out behind their back. Also no offence but I made this thread for help not for people like you to call names and comment their opinons so you might as as well save yours and my time by keeping your opinons to yourself unless your going to give me actual advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trinculo)
    Quick question - have you actually been to Surrey, and what exactly is it that you think you will like more about it?

Sure, Uxbridge isn't exactly the centre of the universe - but neither is Guildford. Academically, except for the vet school it's not as if Surrey is parsecs ahead of Brunel.

Is it the people? The location, the geography?
    I really liked the location the campus and most importantly the course structure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    I know you're going to disagree with me, but you were not forced to apply to the universities you did. You are the one who enters it into UCAS and you are the one who presses that send button. Your teachers can advise you, but it is your choice as to where you apply.

Okay, so you hate the university you're at. Either transfer to another university or drop out and reapply later on. Or, you could stay and power through, get your degree and then move on. It won't last forever.
    My teacher pressed the send button

ReputationRep:
    I really liked the location the campus and most importantly the course structure
    Then I don't see the problem.

Find out what's involved in starting on the same course in Surrey and if you can move.

ReputationRep:
    You sound like you're making a shitload of excuses so that you don't need to accept any responsibility whatsoever.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by username3509010)
    My teacher pressed the send button
    You had 14 days to notify UCAS and make any changes.
    https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergradu...te-application

Anyway, that's all in the past. Contact Surrey and ask if you can transfer.

There's a thread with FAQs about the process here:
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=1781424

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.