Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Mid Half-Term Update Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Happy Hump Day Guys!
    I just wanted to come on here to give you all a brief Mid Half-Term Update.

This half term as of now has been a really productive yet relaxed one which is great. When I originally created my timetable and to-do list for the week, I definitely had that intention, so the fact that it has followed through is awesome (it doesn't usually go to plan).

Monday was an English focused day. I went over vocabulary and frameworks for English Language from last year. Since I am doing new spec, I do have to do the AS paper again this year, alongside A2. We don't have time to go over last year's content in lessons (obviously), so I am trying to keep up with it as much as possible in my own time. I went over flashcards that were made back in year 12 and continuously wrote out the information onto A4 paper. I have found that this really works for me.
    I also carried on doing my language investigation coursework for a while. Overall I worked from about 10am to 4pm with short breaks inbetween. I got a lot done and I was super happy with my achievements at the end of the day.

Tuesday was a complete break. I met up with two of my best friends and had a catch up. Due to us not all attending the same sixth form/college and having different schedules, it tends to be difficult to find time to get together, so we made sure to meet up this half term. We went to Mcdonalds and had a bit of a gossip (as teenage girls do) and then went to a cafe later in the evening and talked for HOURS. It was so nice to go out and not feel guilty about it. Although we talk almost everyday on text, the phone, Snapchat etc, it was just nice to be with them.

Today was a history dedicated day. I converted a lot of my class notes into flashcards and made a couple essay plans. I didn't set myself too much to do, I just took my time to make sure I understood everything and had all the notes I should have. I also watched a documentary on one of the topics to give me some more understanding and context, which was actually really beneficial.

Overall I would say I worked for 4/4 and a half hours with a lunch break of course.

Overall, half-term so far has been a good one. I'll be sure to update you on Sunday, for the rest of the week.

I hope your half-term has been great. How has your week been so far?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chelle1304)
    I do have to do the AS paper again this year, alongside A2.

Due to us not all attending the same sixth form/college and having different schedules, it tends to be difficult to find time to get together, so we made sure to meet up this half term. We went to Mcdonalds and had a bit of a gossip (as teenage girls do) and then went to a cafe later in the evening and talked for HOURS. It was so nice to go out and not feel guilty about it. Although we talk almost everyday on text, the phone, Snapchat etc, it was just nice to be with them.

I hope your half-term has been great. How has your week been so far?
    I hate that:grumble:

I very much know the feeling of frustration, about not being able to meet up with people. Don't I Michiyo ?:sly:

I'm glad you've enjoyed your half term.
    Keep me updated with your blog.

MR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    I hate that:grumble:

I very much know the feeling of frustration, about not being able to meet up with people. Don't I Michiyo ?:sly:

I'm glad you've enjoyed your half term.
    Keep me updated with your blog.

MR
    Thank You! And I hope you've had a great week
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chelle1304)
    Thank You! And I hope you've had a great week
    Mixed to say the least.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.