Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    With UCAS Applications starting up again, rejections are soon to follow, some quickly and some slowly...

Feel free to put down your rejections and other uni stuff, and to just generally have a chat , though there will be no need to mention any non-rejections received.

Best of luck to all applying this year! Exciting times!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xifong)
    With UCAS Applications starting up again, rejections are soon to follow, some quickly and some slowly...

Feel free to put down your rejectioins and other uni stuff, and to just generally have a chat , though there will be no need to mention any non-rejections received.

Best of luck to all applying this year! Exciting times!!
    The offers sticky works for this.

ReputationRep:
    Shhhh,

this is an offer free zone.....

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if anyone's actually received a rejection yet.... Not that anybody would like to be the first to say :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dreamcast)
    I wonder if anyone's actually received a rejection yet.... Not that anybody would like to be the first to say :rolleyes:
    Hmmm I doubt it tbh.... Most people generally get 5 offers unless they apply for multiple courses from the 7 elite uni's (Oxbridge, LSE, UCL, ICL, St. A, Durham). The only rejections so far are probably a few people from LSE who haven't past their initial assessment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GovernmentEarner)
    Hmmm I doubt it tbh.... Most people generally get 5 offers unless they apply for multiple courses from the 7 elite uni's (Oxbridge, LSE, UCL, ICL, St. A, Durham). The only rejections so far are probably a few people from LSE who haven't past their initial assessment.
    My five unis are Cambridge, LSE, UCL, KCL and Durham for Law, so five rejections is a very terrifying prospect to me...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by skuka)
    My five unis are Cambridge, LSE, UCL, KCL and Durham for Law, so five rejections is a very terrifying prospect to me...
    you must be quite confident in yourself, so why worry now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    you must be quite confident in yourself, so why worry now
    Valuable advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skuka)
    I've applied for Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Durham and Nottingham. So only 1 different haha, good luck for no rejections!

ReputationRep:
    I’m expectant of some rejections but oh well...

ReputationRep:
    Haha, will probably be me pretty soon then :bl:

ReputationRep:
    applying for medicine! Here's to hoping for some offers and not all rejections...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skuka)
    I've applied to all the same places but Oxford rather than Cambridge!
    received an email from LSE today saying my application is undergoing initial assessment now

ReputationRep:
    Yep, by applying to certain unis you run yourself the risk of rejection; I completely flopped on the MAT test so I may just have a contribution to this thread ahah

ReputationRep:
    I sent my application this time last week. I’ve applied to LSE, Manchster for two different courses, Birmingham and Liverpool. How long does it take for LSE to reject if you haven’t passed initial assement ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiabok)
    I sent my application this time last week. I’ve applied to LSE, Manchster for two different courses, Birmingham and Liverpool. How long does it take for LSE to reject if you haven’t passed initial assement ?
    The vast vast majority pass, but 1-2 weeks to here back generally. They will likely update you on a Monday (sometimes Thursday/Friday).

ReputationRep:
    The vast vast majority pass, but 1-2 weeks to here back generally. They will likely update you on a Monday (sometimes Thursday/Friday).

Cheers for that, literally cannot stop checking my emails - most stressful thing

ReputationRep:
    I sent off my ucas 09/09/17 and have had 4/5 offers so far from:Leeds AAB conditional with lowered grade boundaries to BBB if I pass a course and put it as my first choiceBirmingham ABB conditional Sheffield Hallam (backup) unconditional Leeds Beckett (backup) no reply Liverpool ABB conditional Liverpool replied after a few days, Leeds within a week and Birmingham within around 10 days
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Applied to Birmingham for JH History and Ancient History & archaeology on October 9th
    Only received the rejection on Feb 2nd.

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.