The Student Room Group

What do I do????

Every time I decide what career I want to pursue, I all of a sudden panic and try to fins something else, because it scares me to think I am heading down a solid path. I'm always happy with what I want to do, I just panic because everything is starting to seem so real.
Hello Eleperson, don't think about it too much. Although it seems scary when you are a student, most people don't even work on the career they studied. I'm telling you this so that you aren't scared that you'll be stuck with whatever you choose for the rest of your life. I'd recommend you to browse through a few courses in universities and choose what you would find interesting doing for the next three years. And as soon as you see a course you love go for it, without taking into account the career it's related to. Hope this helps ☺️
I agree! Apply for a course you’ll enjoy without worrying too much about what exact career it’ll lead to.
Reply 3
I'd suggest doing a course that covers multiple fields that you want to do, so you don't need to make a solid decision, and in 3 years time you might find that you've taken a liking to a particular job and really want to do that and not have the worry that you have now.
Reply 4
Believe me, I’ve always been the same! I worry that if I make a choice on career, and make decisions based on that, then I’m restricting myself too much! Maybe it’s because I have anxiety so I can’t help but overthink things! I think the others are right, make a decision based on what you enjoy most, at least then you know it won’t be a waste and if things don’t go exactly how you imagined, remember there’s always other options and there’s always a way! 😊

Quick Reply

Latest