Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey I’ve been offered a place to study medicine at Trakia, Bulgaria by an agency.

Just wanted to know if there’s any current students out there that can tell me about or anyone have any experience of study medicine Europe.

Thanks
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leeisagoat)
    Hey I’ve been offered a place to study medicine at Trakia, Bulgaria by an agency.

Just wanted to know if there’s any current students out there that can tell me about or anyone have any experience of study medicine Europe.

Thanks
    You know this university has never ever graduated anyone from their english programme and you have to cross your fingers they prepare you well for the MLA exam which you will have to sit when you want to come back to work in the UK!

ReputationRep:
    Oh really. I thought all EU obtained medical degrees were considered equivalent to UK.

I didn’t know that about non graduating. Several agencies seem to seen a lot of students

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leeisagoat)
    Oh really. I thought all EU obtained medical degrees were considered equivalent to UK.

I didn’t know that about non graduating. Several agencies seem to seen a lot of students
    Any agency asking for thousands of pounds will say anything. How can there be graduates if the course is less than 6 years old?

You really need to check things out in detail. From 2022 the UK is introducing a licensing exam so what the dodgy agents tell you is only correct if you graduate before then.

http://www.gmc-uk.org/education/29000.asp

I am applying to study in Europe but at the likes of Charles Prague etc.

ReputationRep:
    Ah thanks for the reply. I’m thinking of applying to Charles through medical door

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.