Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm currently in yr 11, has anyone got any revision tips, I feel that revising helps me but I don't know what the best method is?

can anyone help?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I'm in yr11 too and we had a talk from a company called Elevate today about tips, their biggest points were to make your notes very short (just one or two key words per page of textbook or per topic, etc) and once you know the material, do lots of practice papers. also check the syllabus to see what is actually going to be on the test!!

ReputationRep:
    Here's a link to a TSR page that lists lots of revision techniques from a person that gained 11 A*s:
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4298480
    There is no best method to revise, as it depends on the person. Personally, I like to make flashcards as I am both a kinesthetic and an auditory learner, so flashcards ensure that I am using both movement (by swapping the flashcards, turning them over) and sound (by reading them). It really just depends on which method suits your style of learning best.
    Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    paaasssttt pappppeeeerrrrsss and sample papers over and over until you get 100% not 80 no 90 but 100% and if you say that's impossible shut your mouth and kee p doing them but TAKE BREAKS DONT BURN YOURSELF OUT start early in the year and take breaks relax but make sure you do past papers

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I just finished my GCSEs and I'm currently in Year 12. The method that helped me the most was doing past papers, as you get to learn exam techniques and timings (really important for essay based subjects) Mindmaps are really useful for English although I also bought a CGP revision guide for Poetry while watching Mr Bruff's videos. I also suggest familiarising yourself with formulae on Maths, Bio, Chem, and Physics. More than anything else, I believe motivation plays a role in successful revision because, at the moment, I am too unmotivated to carry on with my half term revision.
    Good luck with your exams! Hope I helped x

ReputationRep:
    Past papers are the best when it comes to exams at the end of the day. Notes wise make sure they're clear nd concise, don't highlight everything just key name/dates/words etc. Some people like flashcards or mindmaps but they never worked for me since I just wanted them to look pretty lmao

ReputationRep:
    Everyone’s different. But my main methods were past papers, flashcards and mindmaps. Also condense your notes, pick out and highlight the key bits of information from notes or books. Good luck!😊

ReputationRep:
    I know it's what everyone else has said but doing PAST PAPERS really helps
    Make sure that you are TIMING yourself whilst doing them.
    I suggest doing them as fast as you can to begin with even if you past the max time to see how much time you need to cut down on. then do them in the time given even if you don't finish.
    Make sure to note down any mistakes made so that you can avoid making them again.
    Keep doing this until u can do 1-3 past papers in the time given and get 90% or more

hope this helps 😊

ReputationRep:
    I found making flash cards and doing past papers extremely helpful, a lot of the questions repeat in exams, some questions that I did in practice papers came up in my actual GCSE, so I knew how to answer them and felt more confident coming out of the exam.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.