Teachers Favourtism Watch

This discussion is closed.
Aeris
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I've noticed that when I don't put my name of my papers my professors give me a higher grade. :confused:

They hate me.
Amy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by [email protected])
Personally i think i am favoured slightly by the teachers ( most of). I think this may have helped me achieve better grades. Have any of you been (honestly ) picked on without justification or have been favoured? Did it help you coz it seems like it helped me ?
with my teachers im either loved or loathed, never in between
Cellardore
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~*glitter*~)
with my teachers im either loved or loathed, never in between
lol, same here. Though i don't think i would like to be favoured by a male teacher, that would just freak me out.
Amy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Cellardore)
lol, same here. Though i don't think i would like to be favoured by a male teacher, that would just freak me out.
its always good to get on whith teachers it just makes school life easier, though less exciting
Avi
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
I've always felt my grades have always depended on whether a teacher has liked me or not. In my gcse days....i was loathed...no...picked on...repeatedly by my science teachers. This was probably because of the bad reputation I built up early on in the year and which stuck with me for the year. This got me poor grades for these subjects in yr.10. However in yr.11 i decideded to concetrate and got better grades and also a better reputation with my teachers except chemsitry. THis got me 4 A stars, 4 A's and a B in guess what? Chemistry!

In my As levels, I deceided to move on step up and have been on my best behaviour with all my teachers and now that I'm getting treated better..i'm getting better grades...I think it's got something to do with confidence motivation.
Amy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Avi)
I've always felt my grades have always depended on whether a teacher has liked me or not. In my gcse days....i was loathed...no...picked on...repeatedly by my science teachers. This was probably because of the bad reputation I built up early on in the year and which stuck with me for the year. This got me poor grades for these subjects in yr.10. However in yr.11 i decideded to concetrate and got better grades and also a better reputation with my teachers except chemsitry. THis got me 4 A stars, 4 A's and a B in guess what? Chemistry!

In my As levels, I deceided to move on step up and have been on my best behaviour with all my teachers and now that I'm getting treated better..i'm getting better grades...I think it's got something to do with confidence motivation.
science for me was the probably the only lesson that i pissed about in, that and music.
i can remember attaching a crocodile clip from my ear to my nipple and one from my eyebrow to my ear, i got thrown out for that, the technitian (sp) dude, was trying so hard not to laugh at me whilst the teacher was shouting, i think thats what made my punishment worse because i couldnt keep a straight face. in music, i took the buttons and keys off about 4 keyboards, i dont think they ever realised it was me
need_money
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Luize)
If you actually work and stop messing about then the teachers stop moianing at you and saying you need to do this and that and this and that at parents evenings.
Yeah, i know that but even when i did try he just ignored me so that made me go back to not giving a damn....
mariska99
Report 13 years ago
DT teacher used to hate me so badly, once he tried to shove my hand in the belt sander [true story] but he's gone now...the fool.
Natalie Lane
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ummm... I'm usually favoured by most of my teachers because they've known me since I was born so you can imagine my frustration when my english teacher (who either loves me or hates me - I'm not quite sure yet - opinions vary) had to ask what my name was 6 times in the first week (last year)!!!
Mrs Rickman
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
There have been a few teachers who really haven't liked me, but fortunately the majority, inc those who teach me now, do. I don't get people who spend their whole time sucking up though, if i talk to teachers it's cause i like them as people not cause i want them to give me better grades (although i don't complain when they do! )
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
my old english teacher seemed to like me coz i had a dog and she liked her. :confused: coz if that she kept saying how good i was she was 1 of them load teachers who can be kind but if anyone is naughty she can roar.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Personally i think i am favoured slightly by the teachers ( most of). I think this may have helped me achieve better grades. Have any of you been (honestly ) picked on without justification or have been favoured? Did it help you coz it seems like it helped me ?
All my teachers hate me... possibly due to the fact that I shun them when they talk to me.
luce20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I wouldn't say I was favoured but I do seem to get on with my tutors than the rest of my group. I don't know if its anything to do with the fact that I'm older( redoing A levels) but I just seem to get on well with them all!
twiga
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I've had it the other way - I was new to the sixth form and so I get picked on relentlessly in French.
Sparkey
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think I'm favoured by most of my teachers, mainly cause i'm willing to talk to them, unlike some of the other class members who keep thier heads down and I don't cheek them I'm not teachers pet though, but I can get away with late work and being late and stuff like that
RachelBabyfrog
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I suppose that I have had a bit of good favour with some of my teachers... the head teacher in particular seems to quite like me, and I get on well with all of my teachers. The only teacher who I think might hate me doesn't teach me anymore
galadriel100
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think teachers favour me because Im the 'good' student who never gets into trouble and I do nothiing wrong.
One guy and I were late for English once. He went into the classroom just befre me and the teachers said to him 'I'll have to give you rubbish duty for this' Then I walk in and she's like 'Well, this is only a warning, don't be late next time' So I didn't get in trouble and neither did the guy.
Once, my home group teacher said 'all thse who came in the room after the bell, come and get a rubbish duty slip'. My friends and I were the late ones. We said 'we were in the library', and we got out of it.
heminder
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
most of my teachers favour me because i seem show a burning interest in my subjects (esp physics).
staylor
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Definitely some favouritism, but not in the way of better grades. Mainly more lenience - especially in sciences
mrsC
Report 13 years ago
Teachers never favoured me in terms of better marks and I think it is difficult for them to do this as the could be sacked if they get caught. However they did trust me more that others. This meant I could do experiments in labs without anyone else there, I was given keys, and photocopy codes. This gave me more feedom than other students. I also got told lots of things like what was happening etc. This meant staff tended to ask me what was going on (eg fire drills) this was quite embarrasing at times - especially when I knew more that most of the staff.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1623)
79.13%
Leave (428)
20.87%

Watched Threads