The Student Room Group

NSAA Cambridge

what is a good score to get on the NSAA on each section? I am applying for Vet Med and would like to have a good idea what would be a good score.
Reply 1
the average is 50% so you'd want above that, but it's not going to be a major factor in their decision since it's the first year they're using it for vets
Reply 2
Original post by redonks
the average is 50% so you'd want above that, but it's not going to be a major factor in their decision since it's the first year they're using it for vets

will it be a major factor for nat. sci. applicants? have done like no preparation but there's only been one year
Reply 3
Original post by bruh2132
will it be a major factor for nat. sci. applicants? have done like no preparation but there's only been one year

not major but i've seen it be the reason some people have gotten rejected
they say you can't really prepare for it, so just do the specimen and the 2016 paper and you should be fine :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by redonks
not major but i've seen it be the reason some people have gotten rejected
they say you can't really prepare for it, so just do the specimen and the 2016 paper and you should be fine :tongue:

I guess that's good, I still have to decide which sections to do :/
Reply 5
They don't yet know precisely what they are going to be using the data for - from an admissions tutor
Reply 6

i'm not gonna decide until i see the paper because i'm equally bad at bio and chem :sad: so it'll just depend on which questions i think i can actually attempt

though it'll prob use up a lot of time trying to decide :/
Reply 7
Original post by redonks
i'm not gonna decide until i see the paper because i'm equally bad at bio and chem :sad: so it'll just depend on which questions i think i can actually attempt

yh that's what I'm worried about, time, also I like Chemistry but there's too much to learn now so I think I'll just do both physics and maths since I've done a few pat papers at school
Reply 8
yh that's what I'm worried about, time, also I like Chemistry but there's too much to learn now so I think I'll just do both physics and maths since I've done a few pat papers at school

chem is mostly calculations (in section 2 anyway) so you don't have to learn much!!
I don't do physics so that's kinda ruled out for me
Reply 9
Original post by redonks
chem is mostly calculations (in section 2 anyway) so you don't have to learn much!!
I don't do physics so that's kinda ruled out for me

yh that's true I guess just the electrolysis scared me in my practice paper
yh that's true I guess just the electrolysis scared me in my practice paper

same i can't remember anything about it

good luck btw!! :h:
Reply 11
Original post by redonks
same i can't remember anything about it

good luck btw!! :h:

you too! what college are you going for then?
you too! what college are you going for then?

murray edwards, wbu?
Reply 13
Original post by redonks
murray edwards, wbu?

I had no idea what to put so I just went for Churchill, where else are you applying btw? i heard Murray Edwards accommodation is really good though I should've applied there probably
I had no idea what to put so I just went for Churchill, where else are you applying btw? i heard Murray Edwards accommodation is really good though I should've applied there probably

hahaha fair enough
tbh i only chose mine cause everyone said good things about it plus it's not too far from the vet school

bristol nottingham and surrey
wbu? did you apply for natsci everywhere?
Reply 15
Original post by redonks
hahaha fair enough
tbh i only chose mine cause everyone said good things about it plus it's not too far from the vet school

bristol nottingham and surrey
wbu? did you apply for natsci everywhere?

basically yh nat sci at Cambridge, Durham exeter and UCL
and Chemistry and maths at St andrews
basically yh nat sci at Cambridge, Durham exeter and UCL
and Chemistry and maths at St andrews

cool i hope you get in everywhere :biggrin:
Original post by redonks

lol it's easier when you're an aspiring physicist. Only have to answer physics questions and it's happy days! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest