Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is it only me that struggles to fit work around my studies?!

No matter how good I make my CV I can never seem to succeed, but when I do they give me times that I can’t do due to my terrible timetable.

It almost feels like the education system doesn’t want me to be able to support myself 😩

Any advice? Also please tell me it’s not just me 😂
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Its not just you!! I applied for a job and they wanted me to come in and see them to discuss things, each time they suggested in the next 2 weeks clashed with my timetable 🙃

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annalouise99)
    Its not just you!! I applied for a job and they wanted me to come in and see them to discuss things, each time they suggested in the next 2 weeks clashed with my timetable 🙃
    It’s so stressful and irritating cause you feel so happy cause you may get a job and actually have the money to do thing, then get let down cause you can’t do any of the timings. Then when you find a job that you could do the timing, you don’t get it.

Feels like you can’t win 😰

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fernelizabeth98)
    It’s so stressful and irritating cause you feel so happy cause you may get a job and actually have the money to do thing, then get let down cause you can’t do any of the timings. Then when you find a job that you could do the timing, you don’t get it.

Feels like you can’t win 😰
    You might just want to do weekends ? Or get a seasonal job like Christmas or summer ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuhra110)
    You might just want to do weekends ? Or get a seasonal job like Christmas or summer ?
    I’ve tried that too, and still it doesn’t fit round my educational work and timetable 😰

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fernelizabeth98)
    I’ve tried that too, and still it doesn’t fit round my educational work and timetable 😰
    Oh no! Best of luck 👍 I’m sure there’s something better in store for you 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuhra110)
    Oh no! Best of luck 👍 I’m sure there’s something better in store for you 😊
    Thank you, at least one of us has a positive outlook 😂

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.