Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I’m currently a student at my local college, I’ve got a strong passion in ICT but I also have problems leaving home for long periods of time so I’m not sure how I’d get along in that situation. What should I do?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    You could possibly look into apprenticeships as an alternative - you don't need a degree to do every job and since ICT is quite practical then an apprenticeship could be perfect. And you could possibly live at home

ReputationRep:
    You don’t have to move away , necessarily !

ReputationRep:
    Lots of people commute to uni if thats something you could do? Though that narrows down the ones you can apply to. Uni is a massive change but a lot of the time you will be too busy to be homesick, you could always look at unis which are not too far away so if you really need to you can go home for a weekend. It just depends on what youre going to university for, there are other routes to careers besides university

ReputationRep:
    Yes! Yes! And yes! Unless you want to a barber. That seems to be pretty popular nowadays. Your choice bro!

ReputationRep:
    An apprenticeship would probably be your best bet, either that or a diploma near by, I don’t think you have to go to uni

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.