Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am currently studying btec business, btec applied law and A level sociology. I am really interested in studying law at university. I would like to go on to become a barrister and practice criminal law at a small chambers. Do I have a realistic chance of becoming a barrister ????
    My predicted grades are D*D*B
    However I believe I will achieve D*D*A

ReputationRep:
    In criminal law? Aye.

ReputationRep:
    Just a curious question
    Why did you choose BTECs?

ReputationRep:
    well firstly you need to look into what uni u want to go to
    next u got to check if they accept BTECS and then check their minimum grade needed to get in
    and if there is no scope and u really want it then do resits so that ur not doing BTECs
    so what if its an extra year, this is ur future were talking abut

(Original post by Big Country 00)
    I am currently studying btec business, btec applied law and A level sociology. I am really interested in studying law at university. I would like to go on to become a barrister and practice criminal law at a small chambers. Do I have a realistic chance of becoming a barrister ????

ReputationRep:
    I thought this said "barister" with BTECS lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unillama)
    well firstly you need to look into what uni u want to go to
    next u got to check if they accept BTECS and then check their minimum grade needed to get in
    and if there is no scope and u really want it then do resits so that ur not doing BTECs
    so what if its an extra year, this is ur future were talking abut
    I was looking at Liverpool university, they require ABB or DDD. So it looks like I will meet their entry requirements. However I'm only in yr 12, so would you recommend changing subjects and just catching up on the 8 weeks worth of work I've missed or just stick with the btecs.

ReputationRep:
    I was looking at Liverpool university, they require ABB or DDD. So it looks like I will meet their entry requirements. However I'm only in yr 12, so would you recommend changing subjects and just catching up on the 8 weeks worth of work I've missed or just stick with the btecs.
    Too late to change tbh
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    umm all im going to say is PM me and we will go from there

ReputationRep:
    I guess I'll just stick with the subjects I've chosen. I have a few contacts who currently work as solicitors, so I'm still considering becoming a solicitor.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.