Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Right where to start, I have recently turned 23 and I am unsure to what I want to do with my life. I know what I want for my future and have my life goals in mind, I'm just unsure what career path I want to follow to achieve them goals, I went to university for 3 years but dropped out a couple of months before the end of my second year due to depression, which then leaves my third year as a resit due to the drop out... well too cut a long story short I decided not too proceed with my final year as I didn't enjoy what I was studying which left me with one other option employment, this has been a tricky area for me. I have very little work experience so trying to find a job that's willing to take me on has proven very difficult, it has been a year or so now since I left uni and I'm stuck deciding what I should do I only have one more year of Student Financing left and I've been considering finishing my degree through a degree apprenticeship instead of going back to university just because I would prefer the work experience but I have one issue if I was to proceed with that route I would have to start on Level 5 which would use my final year of student financing leaving me unable to cover the costs of studying my Level 6, so I am looking for any advice on what too do.. maybe from someone who's been in a similar situation but all advice is welcome

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.