Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Currently pregnant by my boyfriend of 3 years however it couldn’t of happened at a worse time am 16 nearly 17 still in sixth form however this is not the problem I would happily have the baby at this age however,I am mentally not ready for a child however I am not mentally prepared for an abortion. Before everyone starts I was on the conception and I only found out when I went to get my next pack of pills and my doctor instead I did a test before and I found out.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    First of, you don’t need to explain yourself to anyone, no one should judge you anyway. In my opinion you’ve been very mature coming in here for advice. Have you talked to your boyfriend or your family about these issues, as whether you keep the baby or do decide to have an abortion they will be the ones there throughout it all, supporting you. Keeping the baby, I’m sure there will be a lot of help from professionals, family and your college. There are classes and therapy to help you deal with the care of both you and baby. If you have an abortion all that care and support will still be there to help you emotionally and physically throughout the whole process

ReputationRep:
    I would honestly consider an abortion, because all of that fuss over giving birth and raising the child would ruin any good academic things you’ve got going. You’re way too young to go through these experiences.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I am sorry to hear you are in this situation I was in this situation too when I was 19. Me and my now husband had been together for about 3 years at that point and I found out I was pregnant despite taking the pill like clockwork. I knew I would have an abortion, there was no doubt in my mind but even knowing exactly what I wanted to do, it was still a hard thing to go through. I don't regret my decision whatsoever but it wasn't a nice experience and I wouldn't want to go through it again but would if I had to.

You have three choices - abortion, keep the child or adoption. Unwanted pregnancies bring up so many feelings and doubts. Its important to take a step back and think about what you want, what is best for you and what you think to be the best in terms of the pregnancy. Don't make any rash decisions but also don't take too long either as then your options will be very limited. If you have any close family members or friends you trust, it would be wise to discuss the matter with them as well as your partner. They can all give their opinions but ultimately, the choice is yours.

I am not trying to talk you into an abortion by any means because it is your life and your choice and I respect whatever road you go down and wish you the best with whatever you chose. I can only share my experience and answer any questions you may have about that particular option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VirgoStrain)
    I would honestly consider an abortion, because all of that fuss over giving birth and raising the child would ruin any good academic things you’ve got going. You’re way too young to go through these experiences.
    I wouldn't'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Currently pregnant by my boyfriend of 3 years however it couldn’t of happened at a worse time am 16 nearly 17 still in sixth form however this is not the problem I would happily have the baby at this age however,I am mentally not ready for a child however I am not mentally prepared for an abortion. Before everyone starts I was on the conception and I only found out when I went to get my next pack of pills and my doctor instead I did a test before and I found out.
    Talk toy ur parents and ur boyfriend and then keep the baby or adoption or a year gay by working

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annmerlinjohn27)
    I wouldn't'
    Why not? Try to avoid pro-life arguments, because the OP's career and wellbeing is far more important.

ReputationRep:
    Why not? Try to avoid pro-life arguments, because the OP's career and wellbeing is far more important.
    It would be risky. That's why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annmerlinjohn27)
    It would be risky. That's why
    It is less risky than going through with the pregnancy.

ReputationRep:
    It is less risky than going through with the pregnancy.
    She can adopt it can't she

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rum Ham)
    I am sorry to hear you are in this situation I was in this situation too when I was 19. Me and my now husband had been together for about 3 years at that point and I found out I was pregnant despite taking the pill like clockwork. I knew I would have an abortion, there was no doubt in my mind but even knowing exactly what I wanted to do, it was still a hard thing to go through. I don't regret my decision whatsoever but it wasn't a nice experience and I wouldn't want to go through it again but would if I had to.

You have three choices - abortion, keep the child or adoption. Unwanted pregnancies bring up so many feelings and doubts. Its important to take a step back and think about what you want, what is best for you and what you think to be the best in terms of the pregnancy. Don't make any rash decisions but also don't take too long either as then your options will be very limited. If you have any close family members or friends you trust, it would be wise to discuss the matter with them as well as your partner. They can all give their opinions but ultimately, the choice is yours.

I am not trying to talk you into an abortion by any means because it is your life and your choice and I respect whatever road you go down and wish you the best with whatever you chose. I can only share my experience and answer any questions you may have about that particular option.
    I think what she said is right about the 3 choice but dont choice. If you did, u may suffer thats why

ReputationRep:
    Hail Vergo! It's nice we agree on some things eh?

ReputationRep:
    No way abortion. u will regret it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.