Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many hours of studying are current year 12s doing during half term? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm being quite productive myself, doing 6 hours roughly per day (where I just review the content already covered, learn ahead of my class, and practice applying maths knowledge to questions). I'm doing maths, further maths, physics and chemistry.

Disclaimer: If you're not doing any, you're fine. I just like to learn ahead of my classes.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just doing HW.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe 4 hours per day, but it is mainly homework

ReputationRep:
    I spend 3 hrs every day reading ahead or going over what I have previously learned. I also tend to rewrite my notes to make it look neat while adding extra information. I'm doing Biology, Chemistry and Maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChairTyson)
    Maybe 4 hours per day, but it is mainly homework
    (Original post by TheAlchemistress)
    I'm just doing HW.
    How much HW do you have? I've only got a couple of worksheets to fill in (won't take more than an hour each).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedGiant)
    How much HW do you have? I've only got a couple of worksheets to fill in (won't take more than an hour each).
    I've got a maths test, and a bit of physics hwk but not much.

ReputationRep:
    A LOT!

ReputationRep:
    Download the forest app, it’s a great way to track how much revision you are doing!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    doing maths but idk if that qualifies as "stuying" because it's more of a hobby to me.

otherwise I've been meaning to get ahead in physics but I haven't, I've been playing mw3 instead.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 13 now, honestly just go over what you've done in class to ensure you understand it and do your homework. Do maybe an hour of practice questions a week too - don't burn yourself out in the first term of year 12.

ReputationRep:
    10 hours p/day! just like GCSE, i've got tests coming up too! I know it sounds awry but it's just 7 until 5, so it's all good, also gives me a chance to get ahead.

ReputationRep:
    I've kind of been neglecting revision this half term . That being said, I did do a couple hours of biology reading today and I did my maths homework the other day which took a while to do.
    I think I'll start actually revising tomorrow. I'm just too tired atm
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AryanGh)
    10 hours p/day! just like GCSE, i've got tests coming up too! I know it sounds awry but it's just 7 until 5, so it's all good, also gives me a chance to get ahead.
    I could have sworn your half term hasn't started

I personally haven't been doing much :hide: I should be doing quite a bit since I have loads of homework, but I've done one piece so far. I think my free on Monday morning might have to be used...:oops: In my defense though, my grandparents are here so we're doing stuff all day and it's my birthday this week so I'm meeting friends. And I'm in a show so we have rehearsals. So it's not like I'm sitting playing games all day...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemur14)
    I could have sworn your half term hasn't started

I personally haven't been doing much :hide: I should be doing quite a bit since I have loads of homework, but I've done one piece so far. I think my free on Monday morning might have to be used...:oops: In my defense though, my grandparents are here so we're doing stuff all day and it's my birthday this week so I'm meeting friends. And I'm in a show so we have rehearsals. So it's not like I'm sitting playing games all day...
    f o r e s h a d o w i n g . . . . . . .

what is free time? :iiam:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imogen1208)
    Download the forest app, it’s a great way to track how much revision you are doing!
    I love Forest! I use it all the time, and one week I logged 50 hours of revision🙈

ReputationRep:
    Doing physics maths economics
    So far have done around 3 hours a day doing physics sheets of questions and redoing a practical planning to do rest of physics homework in the next 2 days then doing maths and economics homework

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Courtney19)
    I love Forest! I use it all the time, and one week I logged 50 hours of revision🙈
    Wow! I think the most I did was 44🙈 I loved buying all the new trees😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AryanGh)
    You actually serious? You're in October year 12 and you're doing 10 hours a day?

I don't think even typical year 13 student in April does that much...

ReputationRep:
    You actually serious? You're in October year 12 and you're doing 10 hours a day? That's what I was doing in Easter holidays of GCSE...
    I have an Asian father :^)

Lol I do your exact subjects, it's not an equally distributed ratio lol

it's like 4:4:2 between Phys, Chem, Maths (FM doesn't start yet)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imogen1208)
    Wow! I think the most I did was 44🙈 I loved buying all the new trees😂
    I was cramming for a biology mock all week😂 So do I, it’s a good incentive to actually revise😂

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.