How many hours of studying are current year 12s doing during half term?

Watch
RedGiant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm being quite productive myself, doing 6 hours roughly per day (where I just review the content already covered, learn ahead of my class, and practice applying maths knowledge to questions). I'm doing maths, further maths, physics and chemistry.

Disclaimer: If you're not doing any, you're fine. I just like to learn ahead of my classes.
TheAlchemistress
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm just doing HW.
ChairTyson
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Maybe 4 hours per day, but it is mainly homework
yepitsanne
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I spend 3 hrs every day reading ahead or going over what I have previously learned. I also tend to rewrite my notes to make it look neat while adding extra information. I'm doing Biology, Chemistry and Maths.
RedGiant
Rep:
?
(Original post by ChairTyson)
Maybe 4 hours per day, but it is mainly homework
(Original post by TheAlchemistress)
I'm just doing HW.
How much HW do you have? I've only got a couple of worksheets to fill in (won't take more than an hour each).
ChairTyson
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by RedGiant)
How much HW do you have? I've only got a couple of worksheets to fill in (won't take more than an hour each).
I've got a maths test, and a bit of physics hwk but not much.
TheAlchemistress
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
A LOT!
Imogen1208
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Download the forest app, it’s a great way to track how much revision you are doing!
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
doing maths but idk if that qualifies as "stuying" because it's more of a hobby to me.

otherwise I've been meaning to get ahead in physics but I haven't, I've been playing mw3 instead.
fxlloutboyy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm in year 13 now, honestly just go over what you've done in class to ensure you understand it and do your homework. Do maybe an hour of practice questions a week too - don't burn yourself out in the first term of year 12.
thotproduct
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
10 hours p/day! just like GCSE, i've got tests coming up too! I know it sounds awry but it's just 7 until 5, so it's all good, also gives me a chance to get ahead.
pinkypaz123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've kind of been neglecting revision this half term . That being said, I did do a couple hours of biology reading today and I did my maths homework the other day which took a while to do.
I think I'll start actually revising tomorrow. I'm just too tired atm
Lemur14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AryanGh)
10 hours p/day! just like GCSE, i've got tests coming up too! I know it sounds awry but it's just 7 until 5, so it's all good, also gives me a chance to get ahead.
I could have sworn your half term hasn't started

I personally haven't been doing much :hide: I should be doing quite a bit since I have loads of homework, but I've done one piece so far. I think my free on Monday morning might have to be used...:oops: In my defense though, my grandparents are here so we're doing stuff all day and it's my birthday this week so I'm meeting friends. And I'm in a show so we have rehearsals. So it's not like I'm sitting playing games all day...
thotproduct
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lemur14)
I could have sworn your half term hasn't started

I personally haven't been doing much :hide: I should be doing quite a bit since I have loads of homework, but I've done one piece so far. I think my free on Monday morning might have to be used...:oops: In my defense though, my grandparents are here so we're doing stuff all day and it's my birthday this week so I'm meeting friends. And I'm in a show so we have rehearsals. So it's not like I'm sitting playing games all day...
f o r e s h a d o w i n g . . . . . . .

what is free time? :iiam:
Courtney19
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Imogen1208)
Download the forest app, it’s a great way to track how much revision you are doing!
I love Forest! I use it all the time, and one week I logged 50 hours of revision🙈
Hasham123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Doing physics maths economics
So far have done around 3 hours a day doing physics sheets of questions and redoing a practical planning to do rest of physics homework in the next 2 days then doing maths and economics homework
Imogen1208
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Courtney19)
I love Forest! I use it all the time, and one week I logged 50 hours of revision🙈
Wow! I think the most I did was 44🙈 I loved buying all the new trees😂
RedGiant
Rep:
?
(Original post by AryanGh)
You actually serious? You're in October year 12 and you're doing 10 hours a day?

I don't think even typical year 13 student in April does that much...
thotproduct
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You actually serious? You're in October year 12 and you're doing 10 hours a day? That's what I was doing in Easter holidays of GCSE...
I have an Asian father :^)

Lol I do your exact subjects, it's not an equally distributed ratio lol

it's like 4:4:2 between Phys, Chem, Maths (FM doesn't start yet)
Courtney19
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Imogen1208)
Wow! I think the most I did was 44🙈 I loved buying all the new trees😂
I was cramming for a biology mock all week😂 So do I, it’s a good incentive to actually revise😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (20)
9.26%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (131)
60.65%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (30)
13.89%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (30)
13.89%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (5)
2.31%

Watched Threads