Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many hours of studying are current year 12s doing during half term? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephanetene)
    Why's everyone doing like 6 hours of revision a day I've done none it's half term I'm relaxing
    You don't need to lol but all the cool kids do 6-10 hours per day during the first half term. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedGiant)
    You don't need to lol but all the cool kids do 6-10 hours per day during the first half term. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
    Some of us are lazy and do 0-0 hours per day 😎😎

ReputationRep:
    mad I am on chapter 7 on the pure
    might read ahead
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I've barely done any, just been enjoying my half term. I don't want to burn out so early on in the year...

ReputationRep:
    I’ve done nothing

ReputationRep:
    will I fail a levels now

ReputationRep:
    I am acc doing further i do around 3-4 hrs a day, because we got longer half term than others. As i study in academy and we had more school hours than others, so we have 2 weeks half term. But never mind i do maths,physics,economics and as level further maths,and our school is going ease on maths and physics but we almost completed a theme on economics till now(in just 4-5 weeks).

ReputationRep:
    Boooooooooooy there's no need for any of you to do 6+ hours a day at the beginning of Year 12. You're gonna be exhausted by January.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cor395)
    no offence but um why bother getting ahead if you're just gonna do the stuff in class
    acc i am in a top performing academy and when the class starts everyone in the class thinks are the smartest in the world from the moment they step into the world. so to get first look impression and get ease in class just further look or insight in the topic is the best.

ReputationRep:
    I decided to repaint my bedroom this half term thinking it would take 2 days. 4 days later its painted but still needs furniture moved back. I have a lot to catch up on but at least I'm not burnt out like last year. Tomorrow will be intense work 😅
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    lol nothing!!

ReputationRep:
    Aha...

ReputationRep:
    About 1h total this entire half term.

OK I'm not proud of me either.
    (I HAVE done my homework )
    I'm doing maths, further maths, physics, chemistry and latin.

However considering I did the FSMQ already with A, Maths is a breeze; I also found the first Chemistry section test relatively easy (although others said it was kind of difficult?) and I worked my arse off this first half term during school time (I regularly worked from 5pm until 10:30pm) so I guess the only issue is getting my extra-curricular stuff for physics sorted

ReputationRep:
    Lol I'm probably the only muppet doing so much over half term

ReputationRep:
    I do work in my frees, about 3 hours and then I do from 4-10 when I get home, usually I do HW in that time. I’m doing biology, chemistry and German

ReputationRep:
    Lol I'm probably the only muppet doing so much over half term
    Doesn't it depend on the person anyway? I'd like to be able to do 6 hours a day but really I'm only ever able to physically concentrate that long if I have an exam the next day.

Though IMO if do so much now you'll only be bored for lessons. I read ahead an entire term for Chem before school started, it was kind of pretty pointless. Much better off reading widely for sciences than reading ahead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostpenny)
    Doesn't it depend on the person anyway? I'd like to be able to do 6 hours a day but really I'm only ever able to physically concentrate that long if I have an exam the next day.

Though IMO if do so much now you'll only be bored for lessons. I read ahead an entire term for Chem before school started, it was kind of pretty pointless. Much better off reading widely for sciences than reading ahead.
    True, it depends for every person. I'm mainly reading ahead because I genuinely find the content interesting (like stars, double slit experiment, stuff like that). Because I find it interesting I am able to work at it for several hours (or more).

ReputationRep:
    True, it depends for every person. I'm mainly reading ahead because I genuinely find the content interesting (like stars, double slit experiment, stuff like that). Because I find it interesting I am able to work at it for several hours (or more).
    I prefer watching youtube videos like PBS Spacetime, MinutePhysics, SciShow and VSauce, or doing IsaacPhysics questions. I think that since I like the more extra-spec parts of physics, and the spec currently is quite dead - not really a fan of doing more vectors qs - I'm not that motivated

ReputationRep:
    Don't burn yourself out guys Do all your homework and revise for any upcoming tests. If you want to do any extra work, just spend a little while consolidating your subjects so far by re-reading your notes and maybe doing some practise questions.
    You've got a stressful couple of terms coming up so make the most out of this holiday!

ReputationRep:
    I need to do a ton of note filing and organising before I start my revision. That will be started and finished this evening. Haven't studied much this half term since I've barely had anything to make complete notes pages with, since I do mine by specification points. E.g we did 3/4 of amount of substance for Chemistry but parts of the specification points were in the last 1/4 (which we did after atomic structure), meaning I couldn't finish the notes page. It's just mostly been homework, but my plan was 3-4 hours of study a day, with 4 or more on weekends.

Half term is different, as I prefer to run on priority lists. For example, I haven't studied today because I need to sort my passport, my deed poll, the filing, cleaning etc... but all I've done is watch Stranger Things and Rick And Morty.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.