Geography: B
    Science (Core): B
    Science (Additional): B
    English Lit: B
    English Lang: C
    Science (Further Additional): C
    Classical Civilisation: D

*These are a friend of mine's grades, I'm curious to know*
    No: 'As competition for places at LSE is intense, we look for applicants who have achieved highly at GCSE (multiple A or A* grades)'.

http://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Un...y-Requirements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eudokias)
    Russian: A*
    Maths: A
    Religious Studies: B

Depends on the course. If it's something like medicine the chances are significantly lesser.

If your friend met the A-Level requirements, there's definitely a chance he could get in. These GCSE's won't completely prohibit that. But LSE is competitive, and the competition likely will have better grades.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FloralHybrid)
    Depends on the course. If it's something like medicine the chances are significantly lesser.

If your friend met the A-Level requirements, there's definitely a chance he could get in. These GCSE's won't completely prohibit that. But LSE is competitive, and the competition likely will have better grades.
    I've posted LSE's view on GCSEs above and LSE doesn't do medicine...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glassapple)
    No: 'As competition for places at LSE is intense, we look for applicants who have achieved highly at GCSE (multiple A or A* grades)'.

http://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Un...y-Requirements
    If I applied with my 4 A*s, 4 As, 2 Cs and the odd D... how are my chances looking? (For Law)

ReputationRep:
    I've posted LSE's view on GCSEs above and LSE doesn't do medicine...
    London school of economics.. of course it doesn't.
    I wasn't thinking. My bad.

ReputationRep:
    No: 'As competition for places at LSE is intense, we look for applicants who have achieved highly at GCSE (multiple A or A* grades)'. http://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Un...y-Requirements
    If someone posted online that 1 in 10 people on this earth had an extra butt cheek, would you believe it?
    Russian: A*
    Maths: A
    Religious Studies: B

"a friend"

Depends on the competitiveness course - having acheived A level grades would put you in a better position. I've seen examples of people getting in with those GCSE's for the less competitive courses such as Social Policy..

ReputationRep:
    i would only risk it if i got all A*s in 4 A Levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ze Witcher)
    If someone posted online that 1 in 10 people on this earth had an extra butt cheek, would you believe it?

"a friend"

Depends on the competitiveness course - having acheived A level grades would put you in a better position. I've seen examples of people getting in with those GCSE's for the less competitive courses such as Social Policy..
    The information I posted isn't from just 'someone', it's an official statement from LSE from their website. There's no reason that information would be false or deceptive when the actual institution has posted it on its own website, they don't just post things they don't mean for fun. You couldn't have any more proof or confirmation that that's what they think when they look at GCSEs, by your logic we should just ignore every single university's entry requirements because they're posted online. There's a massive difference between something being posted on an official website by a real source and what some kid posts on an internet forum.

It's always very convenient when you've 'seen people' do something you have no proof of, just to bolster your argument. Clearly that's untrue when the GCSEs in the OP are extremely poor when compared to other LSE applicants; there's no way people get in, even for social policy, with lower grades than those.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone aware of the average GCSE grades for Economics offers?

ReputationRep:
    The information I posted isn't from just 'someone', it's an official statement from LSE from their website. There's no reason that information would be false or deceptive when the actual institution has posted it on its own website, they don't just post things they don't mean for fun. You couldn't have any more proof or confirmation that that's what they think when they look at GCSEs, by your logic we should just ignore every single university's entry requirements because they're posted online. There's a massive difference between something being posted on an official website by a real source and what some kid posts on an internet forum.

It's always very convenient when you've 'seen people' do something you have no proof of, just to bolster your argument. Clearly that's untrue when the GCSEs in the OP are extremely poor when compared to other LSE applicants; there's no way people get in, even for social policy, with lower grades than those.
    These aren't far off https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...y#post69719760

I'll give other examples when I have time to do all this digging..

And I'm not trying to 'one-up' you, I'm clearly suggesting that people have gotten past the so called requirements - all depends on the circumstance of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dxvid)
    Is anyone aware of the average GCSE grades for Economics offers?
    Average isn't reliable imo.. you got people with lots of A*s at GCSE because more peopel with those GCSEs do well in A-Level. But you also have people with just 1A*-3A* etc.. getting in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ze Witcher)
    These aren't far off https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...y#post69719760

I'll give other examples when I have time to do all this digging..

And I'm not trying to 'one-up' you, I'm clearly suggesting that people have gotten past the so called requirements - all depends on the circumstance of course.
    3 more As, no Cs and no Ds is extremely far off what the OP states. I think you need to learn what that phrase actually means. This is also for social policy, the easiest course to get into at LSE. You wouldn't get this for maths, economics or the overwhelming majority of other courses at LSE.

ReputationRep:
    If I applied with my 4 A*s, 4 As, 2 Cs and the odd D... how are my chances looking? (For Law)

No you aint getting in. Not by a long shot (being serious).

You should aim for London met.

ReputationRep:
    3 more As, no Cs and no Ds is extremely far off what the OP states. I think you need to learn what that phrase actually means. This is also for social policy, the easiest course to get into at LSE. You wouldn't get this for maths or economics.
    Well no s*** sherlock, maths/ economics are far more competitive..

He's got the 5 A*-C, he's got a D in pretty useless subject - I'm sure my former experience of stalking threads last year to see how applicants were doing is a much better judge for possibility than quickly googling up requirements.

Bear in mind, we're talking about GCSE's, A levels are a whole different kettle of fish for requirements. Not saying OP's friend has a good chance, it's possible to get an offer, however, as long as they meet the GCSE requirement for their course for English Lang/Math.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.