Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Nowadays I feel like there is some invisible force preventing me from revising and studying and before anyone asks I'm not mentally retarded nor am I making this up. This has been happening since the beginning of year 13 and It's not doing me any good...so anyone else feels the same?? Or is the invisible force just procrastination?? I know this is strange but I feel like I'm procrastinating because I feel I am destined to get bad grades...I need HELP!! asap...

ReputationRep:
    what subject are you doing

ReputationRep:
    think of it as this way, if you procrastinate and then get bad grades, you'll probably end ip blaming yourself, whereas if you didn't procrastinate, you can tell yourself you at least tried.
    plus no matter how you look at it, procrastinating isn't going to do your grades any good.

and honestly I can't say much because I feel dread whenever I see my art coursework
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing business, psychology and philosophy

ReputationRep:
    However my main problem is the invisible force like I feel like my fate is to get bad grades...Could that be true??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by devianen)
    However my main problem is the invisible force like I feel like my fate is to get bad grades...Could that be true??
    "invisible force"

LSD is bad for the brain.

ReputationRep:
    I have never taken any illegal or party drugs ever in my life.....I don't know what made you assume that . Like seriously.

ReputationRep:
    there's no way you're going to get the same grades with or without studying. the world doesn't work like that
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Procrastination is that invisible force.

ReputationRep:
    Nowadays I feel like there is some invisible force preventing me from revising and studying and before anyone asks I'm not mentally retarded nor am I making this up. This has been happening since the beginning of year 13 and It's not doing me any good...so anyone else feels the same?? Or is the invisible force just procrastination?? I know this is strange but I feel like I'm procrastinating because I feel I am destined to get bad grades...I need HELP!! asap...
    Yes, that happens. There's nothing wrong with you and you're not destined for bad grades.You just have concentration issues.

Are you exhausted or sleep-deprived? That happens at your level. I'd say get your sleep in that case, or if you can't make up all of it, maybe try caffeine, though of course you should take a lot of care about not overdoing or it could just make it worse. Also, try putting on music when you're studying. That always helps me, and trust me, I'm a lot like you.

You might have other issues, such as exam anxiety. It would be a great idea to check with your GP to see if there's anything you could do to help.

Dont' stress yourself out too much. You'll do great,and you're not alone. Many students struggle with this. Good luck!

Edit: Seriously, some of the answers here. This person isn't TRYING to not study. Stop making assumptions.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my gosh same. I've told other people this and they look at me like I'm mad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lxlxlee)
    Oh my gosh same. I've told other people this and they look at me like I'm mad.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that experiences this...Are you doing A Levels as well?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing business, psychology and philosophy
    Oh sweet, you can use that.
    Take this invisible force as a real thing. It can be either you or it can be something external. I would suggest taking it as energy unrelated to you, as relating to these things can be dangerous.

Anyway,
    That's the lock. The key(s) would be the subjects you're taking.

Psychology-
    Started here because this one is the most fun. I'll start by giving you some really bad advice which I have used in the past to excellent effect, but this post goes on to give you a way to study without this block once the other subjects are brought into it. I don't know, though, you should still take the bad advice to try it if you want-- it's a venture into psychology and it's one hell of a ride.

Advice I-
    Buy caffeine tablets in bulk and start taking them. You can go up to about 850mg (Like 15 cups of coffee) before you're hitting the danger zone, but you can go higher once you build a tolerance. Just remember to sit down if you ever feel like you're going to die.

After taking this much caffeine daily (I would go from taking the tablets to adding them to orange juice to energy drinks to snorting the powder) you'll develop some serious anxiety. You'll also experience some depression whilst coming down, but that might just be me.
    Now you're ready.

Once you've developed the anxiety, make yourself worried about failing your course(s), because right now you're seriously f**king this up. Set yourself up three mock courses that don't collide with exam times, and miss two of them. Don't take your caffeine the morning before the (two failed) mocks (that you set- don't mess around with real exams) and it'll do the rest.
    Now, the third mock is make-or-break. I mean, you've come this far, and it has been one hell of a ride that is pushing you to those limits-- those primal, pure soul limits where you're just... You're at your peak at this point (2 weeks in). Sit down and study for the mock exam. You'll feel like you can't do it, like this is failing, but it's power. This (overloaded state) of your brain/senses (OR if we want to go into philosophy/social psychology here), the energy (Basically: the mental block) won't stop you.

(Story;
    I was running two business not too long ago: The first was essay/homework writing, the second was Instagram.
    Nothing too big. The homework was pretty much a hobby (so there was no block there, due to the point on i'll soon make in business) but I was about to land a huge client who was to pay ten times my usual going rate.

I was running about 8 accounts for other people, 4 accounts for myself to learn personally day in, day out. I'm talking about 15 hour workdays, going for 92 hours straight at one point.

It's quite lucky that by the time I made the breakthrough (to the big client), I was at the seriously overloaded state. I was struggling, man, and I had a job in a hostel-- people were getting £400 a month on Jobseekers, I was getting (after rent/food) around £20 to live on per month. It was make-or-break, and I sat down at my desk and felt this energy. It was my energy, though, and though it felt like the energy was normally kneeling over crying (like I was crying inside constantly), it was now jumping around, freaking out, but seeing everything.

It's because of this breakthrough and this breakthrough only that I managed to land that client. This is a powerful tool; just please, don't die on it. I might've gone too far, so know your limits mmkay
    (Also: Caffeine is legal)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reminiscence-)
    Yes, that happens. There's nothing wrong with you and you're not destined for bad grades.You just have concentration issues.

Are you exhausted or sleep-deprived? That happens at your level. I'd say get your sleep in that case, or if you can't make up all of it, maybe try caffeine, though of course you should take a lot of care about not overdoing or it could just make it worse. Also, try putting on music when you're studying. That always helps me, and trust me, I'm a lot like you.

You might have other issues, such as exam anxiety. It would be a great idea to check with your GP to see if there's anything you could do to help.

Dont' stress yourself out too much. You'll do great,and you're not alone. Many students struggle with this. Good luck!

Edit: Seriously, some of the answers here. This person isn't TRYING to not study. Stop making assumptions.
    I'm honestly glad that you gave me this advice however I don't think sleep is the problem because I always sleep like a log anyhow I just did some research and I realised maybe that app called Forest will make me productive in the long term so I don't have to worry about that invisible force which is most likely my procrastination... Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I could be in the mood to revise and about to grab the book and suddenly I freeze. There's a ghost stopping me from grabbing the book. It whispers in my ear at night telling me I'll fail .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emerald777O)
    Yes. I could be in the mood to revise and about to grab the book and suddenly I freeze. There's a ghost stopping me from grabbing the book. It whispers in my ear at night telling me I'll fail .
    Hey your experience is similar to mine in the sense that it's an invisible force...but have you ever taken any action....If you have can you share your tips..

ReputationRep:
    Hey your experience is similar to mine in the sense that it's an invisible force...but have you ever taken any action....If you have can you share your tips..
    I'm in the same boat as you sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arizonaidiot)
    Procrastination is that invisible force.
    SECOND: Business--

Sorry for the long posts. Im not gonna do philosophy because that's just ironic fake news

Business (Also leading from the previous: psychology)

A business needs to be managed. A hotel with a valet, doorman, receptionist, and janitor will perform better than a hotel with the same amount of staff without designated jobs.
    A cell because specialized through evolution because it simply runs a human brain better.

If you study in your house/room- you should have areas. Have your desk to study and work on, your bed to sleep/procrastinate (if you have a laptop. If you don't, literally move your monitor onto the floor because your desk is not for for playing-- its for working) and your toilet to take the needed breaks, with showers at the end or start of each day (whichever time you prefer your refresh).

You study three subjects-
    Business can be red (nah choose your own colours but these are what I would pick)
    Psychology can be purple or blue
    Philosophy should be kept in the garbage can (nah, keep it in like... A green or paper binder with some green strings binding it (i Love Philosophy really)

Basically, organise as deep as you'd like to go. Anything beyond having designated areas for your room is gravy. That energy should go somewhere else, maybe the door (to stop you leaving on a weekend), maybe it should go away completely.

Good luck dood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emerald777O)
    That's anxiety-
    Also being stupid if you're serious about the ghosts
    Nah but shadow people you should watch out for. If there are any in your room, claim it as your own.

No joke I used to be worried about spirits in my room when I slept in a flat in a rough part of town (with a high rate of suicides and overdoses), but it stopped when I walked around my house naked (alone, this time) beating my chest shouting THIS IS MAH HOUSE GET OOT MAH HOUSE (just coming home from Scotland gangs)

What also stopped:
    -Clouded thoughts, lack of aspirations
    -Willingness to do anything at all tbh

So yeah- if you think it's some kind of invisible force, claim your territory- dominate the spirits, if you will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akCambridge)
    SECOND: Business--

Sorry for the long posts. Im not gonna do philosophy because that's just ironic fake news

Business (Also leading from the previous: psychology)

A business needs to be managed. A hotel with a valet, doorman, receptionist, and janitor will perform better than a hotel with the same amount of staff without designated jobs.
    A cell because specialized through evolution because it simply runs a human brain better.

If you study in your house/room- you should have areas. Have your desk to study and work on, your bed to sleep/procrastinate (if you have a laptop. If you don't, literally move your monitor onto the floor because your desk is not for for playing-- its for working) and your toilet to take the needed breaks, with showers at the end or start of each day (whichever time you prefer your refresh).

You study three subjects-
    Business can be red (nah choose your own colours but these are what I would pick)
    Psychology can be purple or blue
    Philosophy should be kept in the garbage can (nah, keep it in like... A green or paper binder with some green strings binding it (i Love Philosophy really)

Basically, organise as deep as you'd like to go. Anything beyond having designated areas for your room is gravy. That energy should go somewhere else, maybe the door (to stop you leaving on a weekend), maybe it should go away completely.

Good luck dood
    Hey I'm a bit (actually very) confused with what you had said but thanks your your contribution

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.