Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by devianen)
    Hey I'm a bit (actually very) confused with what you had said but thanks your your contribution
    What are you confused with? Let me know so I can help you!

Basically, just have a place for your study, a place for rest, a place for fun and a place to clean after/before each day.

Structure.
    Go deeper into it once you see the results from organizing your room this way; see what works for you and do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akCambridge)
    That's anxiety-
    Also being stupid if you're serious about the ghosts
    Nah but shadow people you should watch out for. If there are any in your room, claim it as your own.

No joke I used to be worried about spirits in my room when I slept in a flat in a rough part of town (with a high rate of suicides and overdoses), but it stopped when I walked around my house naked (alone, this time) beating my chest shouting THIS IS MAH HOUSE GET OOT MAH HOUSE (just coming home from Scotland gangs)

What also stopped:
    -Clouded thoughts, lack of aspirations
    -Willingness to do anything at all tbh

So yeah- if you think it's some kind of invisible force, claim your territory- dominate the spirits, if you will.

:lolwut:Thanks

ReputationRep:
    That happened to me at the start of year 13… and here i am doing the year again, if that doesn't motivate you I can bang on about how much it sucks having most your friends go off to uni and have a great time while you just do the same stuff as last year thinking, why didn't i just do it in the first place?And although its not a huge issue, it still bugs me that I'll be joining university a year late which means most people I'm with will be a year younger.

It's hard to fight the procrastination, for me i found that I just needed a break. Rearrange your study area, make it look nice and tidy and have your work neatly layed out and when you're ready to work again you'll know. I found making my study area look nice actually makes me want to do some work. The worst thing you can do is force yourself to work, it wont stick and its basically wasting time and you'll burnout whatever little motivation you have left. Just take some time to completely empty your mind and get rid of all the stress

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zxyn)
    That happened to me at the start of year 13… and here i am doing the year again, if that doesn't motivate you I can bang on about how much it sucks having most your friends go off to uni and have a great time while you just do the same stuff as last year thinking, why didn't i just do it in the first place?And although its not a huge issue, it still bugs me that I'll be joining university a year late which means most people I'm with will be a year younger.

It's hard to fight the procrastination, for me i found that I just needed a break. Rearrange your study area, make it look nice and tidy and have your work neatly layed out and when you're ready to work again you'll know. I found making my study area look nice actually makes me want to do some work. The worst thing you can do is force yourself to work, it wont stick and its basically wasting time and you'll burnout whatever little motivation you have left. Just take some time to completely empty your mind and get rid of all the stress
    Hey I really hope you're achieving great grades now in year 13 and I'm glad you've told me this because I've realised that if I keep giving excuses I'm not gonna get anywhere but will have to retake year 13 again...The thing is I tried adapting into the "I don't feel like it but I'm going to do it anyway" process but I was only be to stick to it for a week I guess I got bored of it. I know this is not completely relevant but have you ever used the forest app for productivity?...If so would you recommend that I use it....Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akCambridge)
    SECOND: Business--

Sorry for the long posts. Im not gonna do philosophy because that's just ironic fake news

Business (Also leading from the previous: psychology)

A business needs to be managed. A hotel with a valet, doorman, receptionist, and janitor will perform better than a hotel with the same amount of staff without designated jobs.
    A cell because specialized through evolution because it simply runs a human brain better.

If you study in your house/room- you should have areas. Have your desk to study and work on, your bed to sleep/procrastinate (if you have a laptop. If you don't, literally move your monitor onto the floor because your desk is not for for playing-- its for working) and your toilet to take the needed breaks, with showers at the end or start of each day (whichever time you prefer your refresh).

You study three subjects-
    Business can be red (nah choose your own colours but these are what I would pick)
    Psychology can be purple or blue
    Philosophy should be kept in the garbage can (nah, keep it in like... A green or paper binder with some green strings binding it (i Love Philosophy really)

Basically, organise as deep as you'd like to go. Anything beyond having designated areas for your room is gravy. That energy should go somewhere else, maybe the door (to stop you leaving on a weekend), maybe it should go away completely.

Good luck dood
    Was this directed at me brah?

ReputationRep:
    Hey I really hope you're achieving great grades now in year 13 and I'm glad you've told me this because I've realised that if I keep giving excuses I'm not gonna get anywhere but will have to retake year 13 again...The thing is I tried adapting into the "I don't feel like it but I'm going to do it anyway" process but I was only be to stick to it for a week I guess I got bored of it. I know this is not completely relevant but have you ever used the forest app for productivity?...If so would you recommend that I use it....Thank you!
    Hey! Yeah thankfully I'm predicted A*AA again but this time I think I can actually do it, originally i had huge doubts and couldn't cope with the workload. Hmmm, I'm not a fan of that process, i think you should love what you do and you should learn because you want to - if you get into that mentality, you'll start getting great results and find it easier to learn and be more productive.

I tried the forest app last year… it didn't work much for me but its a nice idea, I think you should give it a try. It probably didn't help me much since I hardly procrastinated on my phone, my mind would just wonder off or I'd start drawing - that's the worst type of procrastination because you cant just turn it off like a phone and if you leave a thought without thinking it through or dont finish a drawing, you feel really unsatisfied and cant focus lol

This 'force' stopping you, its exactly what DJ Khaled was referring to when he talks about "they"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arizonaidiot)
    Was this directed at me brah?
    They're directed at OP but I guess anyone could take the advice-
    It's always best to make use of what you're learning to study better, though. Use your own subjects c:

Except the coffee one. If you're under 18 (or 16, I don't know) DON'T do this because you might die if you're that age. I didn't realize this place was full of children
    #survivalofthefittest

ReputationRep:
    I'm honestly glad that you gave me this advice however I don't think sleep is the problem because I always sleep like a log anyhow I just did some research and I realised maybe that app called Forest will make me productive in the long term so I don't have to worry about that invisible force which is most likely my procrastination... Thank you!
    I'm glad to hear that! I'll check out this app too

ReputationRep:
    I've never done much revision until the day before an exam. I've always put it down to lack of motivation.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.